Pack Mentality

"He's been texting me non-stop and I honestly don't know how to feel about it

"He's been texting me non-stop and I honestly don't know how to feel about it." Max complains to Allison as the two girls drive to school together. "Do you answer the texts?" Allison asks as Max bites her lip.

"You do!" Allison squeals. "Allison please don't let me regret taking a ride from you." Max groans as she rubs her head. "I just didn't want to have to deal with Lydia and Jackson wasn't answering." She tells the girl.

Allison nods with a smile on her face as she glances between the road and Max. "So, what do you two talk about?"

"He just asks about my day, my family and my interests." Max mutters, "Normal friendly conversations." Allison shakes her head as they pull into school. "Max that's a normal flirty conversations."

"No." Max stats as she shakes her head, her ponytails flying behind her, "No, no way. I - I don't flirty. I don't do emotions. I don't do guys."

"What's the big deal if you like the guy?" Allison asks causing Max to stop walking and turn around, "I don't like him."

"Whatever you say Max, but when it comes to your wedding I better be invited." Allison teases grabbing Max's hand. The redhead groans as the girl pulls them into the school. "Stiles is a nice guy. I don't see what the problem is."

"The problem is-" Max says but stops talking as soon as Allison runs into a familiar boy making her drop her books. "You scared the hell out of me." Allison giggles staring at Scott. "I'll see you later." Max whispers to Allison, "Scott."

Max was finally glad to be out of the conversation because she wasn't sure even how to finish her thought. What was the problem. Sure, Max may be popular, and she may have friends and guys hit on her, but this is the first guy who isn't talking to her because she's the Coach's daughter.

"Max. Maxine." Stiles calls out as he catches the redhead standing still in the middle of the hallway. "Max Finstock." Max snaps back into reality to see Stiles in front of her. "You okay?"

Max nods as she mutters a soft yeah. "Did you need something?"

"Attention students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night on one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled. Thank you."

Max groans along with the other students as her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What was that about?" She asks Stiles as he shakes his head, "No idea. Can I walk you to class?"

Max shrugs as she hands him her books but not before catching Jackson looking at his dented locker. "Come on, we need to get to first period." Max says as she motions Stiles to walk with her.

🐺

"Oh no, no, no." Max says as she stops Allison and Lydia from walking over to the table with Scott and Stiles. "You did not say we were sitting there today."