Letting go

When I was younger I hoped the people in my life then would always be a part of my life; during every phase I've met people I wished to be there forever.
As life kept going, lessons were taught and I, stubbornly, learned from them as people were lost along the way.
Some points I felt utterly alone- those moments I had to dig deep and find the root of my loneliness.
Losing people is never easy, especially, when you lose them permanently. Things can feel entirely out of your control; it is. We have a choice in those moments of inner torment.
You will hold onto the things which bring despair or you will allow these things to flip the script in a beautiful way by letting go of the things that are out of your control and writing your own ending to the story.
I have not lost people, I have had wonderful people in my life and they played an important part in how I view the world. Life is short and we all lose people and things; be kind and live life with a positive attitude while being honest with your struggles but hopeful that you will not be struggling the same way for long. Do not make people struggle more by meeting you; instead, spread love and joy because you never know which phase someone is in today. You don't know how much they have lost- they may not see the amazing things they have to gain by letting go of the pain.