01

The Travel

Taehyung's pov

Month of June has already arrived, and classes are about to start next week. I woke up from the sound of my mother yelling from outside my room, i groaned in annoyance and lazily sat up from bed.
She continued yelling my name until one sentence snapped my attention and jolted my eyes fully awake and shift towards the clock beside my bed, above the nigh table.

"Holy fvck"I cursed under my breath as soon as I found out it was already ten thirty in the morning and bolted upwards my feet and out of the bed, in a frantic move I drifted towards the bathroom and snappily turned the shower on and took a bath. I brushed my teeth right after and dried my hair with towel. I put on some new clean clothes that are comfortable and presentable enough for me to wear.

I almost forgot it's Monday, and I'm going to Seoul today. It's going to be a long trip and the train leaves the station at eleven thirty, that's why I came in a rush when I realized that it was already late in the morning and if I'd move slowly I'd surely be left behind the station.

I checked on myself at the human sized mirror beside my dresser. "Good"I mumbled at myself, I actually really looked simple but very presentable. I smiled at myself before leaving the mirror and took my luggages out of the room and to the living room, where my mother already waited for me with a confusing frown in her face and her arms crossed, while holding a wooden ladle.

"Eomma~~"

"Are you really going to leave us here, son? I'm really gonna miss you..."

I embraced her into a gentle hug, and rubbed her back, comforting her. I know I'm gonna miss her too but I need to go and leave this place behind for my enrollment on college at the city. I have always dreamed of going to Seoul and now that I've got the opportunity to achieve that dream, I don't want to reject it and regret everything. I'll only gonna be away for four years but that doesn't mean I'll never visit them during the weekends or holidays. I'm still gonna come home and visit my family.

"Eomma, I'm gonna miss you too...but I need to go to college, remember?"I gently reminded. She nodded. My mother is a middle aged woman already, but her face doesn't say so. My eomma still looked very young despite her age and her wrinkles are not yet very noticeable in her face. "I promise, I'm going to visit here every holidays or when I have a free time...okay?"I comforted and hugged her again. She hugged me back and I could feel her head nodded behind me.

"Don't forget to call us every night, okay? Always make sure to take care of your self and stay safe. Seoul is a very big city, and people there are unlike the ones here in the province."she reminded, I nodded.

"I'll make sure to take care of myself and I'll call you every night, I promise eomma."and then she left and went towards the kitchen only to grab something on the dining table. She walked back towards my direction holding the paper bag in her hands and handed me the bag. I looked at her unknowingly. She smiled.

"I packed this for you, so that you have something to eat while you're on the trip. Make sure to eat that when you feel hungry, okay?"

"Yes eomma. Thank you."

She suddenly grabbed my other hand and wrapped her own around it. She smiled as she look at me. "I can't believe my son is already going to college, I'm so proud of you, Taehyung."those words made me smile widely. I placed the paper bag down at the small round table beside me and wrapped my other hand above her, slightly rubbing my thumb against it and thank her with all my heart. I can see her eyes started tearing up, causing her to immediately look away and let go of my hand. She patted my back slightly and helped me with my luggages out of the house.