Chapter 31 - To Yourself

I was holding Kiji's hand as we followed Shin and Dread around.

Shin: "Why the hell are you following me?!"

Kiji: "I mean, you don't know the layout of the place, right? I thought I'd guide you around."

Shin: "Don't treat me like a kid!"

Kiji: "Besides, I thought it'd be a pain if any kind of trouble happened. As you are now, you look like you'd start a fight with Hajime the second you see him."

Jinx: "Yeah, and that's just asking to get beat up."

Kiji: "It's dangerous. Even that little puppy of yours got into a fight with our dog, after all."

Shin: "Hmph... if it's so damn dangerous, then why is the kid here?"

Jinx: "Like I said, you big baby, none of your business. Though let's just say, I'm keeping my eyes on you."

Shin: "Hmph, I see... you think I of all people would cause problems? You and the others here would definitely take care of it right away if anything happened, right? I'm a perfect prince, ya know."

Jinx: "Heh, as if."

Kiji: "My oh my! Are you sure you should be saying that? Now, where was it again? That so-called 'impregnable castle' of a women's prison that let some underwear thieves slip in!"

Jinx: "Wait... what?"

I looked up at him, puzzled.

Shin: "Th-tha-that happened while I was on a business trip! It's not my fau-"

Kiji: "Either way, even your place has had trouble before while you were away, right? So don't just speak ill of us."

Shin: "But-!"

Kiji: "What do we say?"

Shin: "...Yes, sir... Tch, whatever. You're in charge of those guys now, right? You'd better be rehabilitating them properly. I'll never forgive those damn perverts."

Kiji: "Relax, I'm keeping a close eye on those two."

Jinx: "Wait..."

My eyes widened as I realised.

Kiji: "Jinx, why don't you go back to your aunt. I'll see little Shin out."

Jinx: "Uhh..."

Kiji: "Jinx."

Jinx: "Huh? Oh, okay."

I left them and headed back to Momoko's office.

Jinx: "Honey and Trois really broke into the woman's prison? *sigh* Those two..."

I stuck my head in.

Jinx: "Momoko, I'm back."

Momoko: "Come in, dear."

I walked in to see Kenshirou kneeling in front of Momoko with his head down.

Jinx: "*sigh* Has he been like this the whole time?"

Momoko: "Yes. You can raise your head already, Kenshirou."

Kenshirou: "Please excuse my earlier behaviour. My selfish actions caused you a great deal of trouble... please accept my deepest apologies..."