Chapter 27

"𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕕 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕔𝕦𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣"

_________________________________________

"Mommy, can I have a hellhound pup?" Vera asked while standing in front of the tv despite all the complaints she got. She made sure to only ask her mother, knowing already what her father would say.

"No" Stefan answered instead, knowing that Cassiopeia would probably cave in because of their daughter's puppy dog eyes.

"Sweetie, why would you even want  a hellhound pup?" She questioned Cassiopeia in a soft voice, trying to understand the sudden interest of her daughter. When she was young, she always asked for a kitty, never a hellhound.

" because uncle Kol already got me one, but he said, I should still ask you" replied Vera as she squeezed in between her parents to show them what Kol had gotten her.

"Damn it, Kol"

~~~

"So Kol where did you get the hellhound from?" Cassiopeia questioned as she sat down on the couch next to the original vampire, sipping on a glass of Bourbon her husband poured her.

Kol looked up from his drink and glanced over at his best(and only) friend. "I found him on my way home yesterday and I remembered your beloved Vera mentioning the other day how much she loved animals so when I saw him, I figured he would make a good delayed birthday gift"

Cassiopeia and Stefan gazed over toward where Vera was playing with the young hellhound, trying to teach him some tricks. She did look incredibly happy as she played around with the young pup.

"I do wonder where it came from" muttered Stefan as he looked off into the distance. 'I thought hellhounds couldn't leave hell without the king's permission.'

~~~

Cassiopeia tossed and turned on her bed as images flashed across her closed eyes, showing her nightmarish things. In one she saw Cleo passed out on the floor covered in blood and in another she saw flashes of missing people flyers with the faces of random teens on them that changed so fast she couldn't make out who any of them were. Throughout the night she saw many different scenes, one which scared her the most: a beautiful blonde woman reaching a hand out from a fiery pit and pulling herself out with a smirk.

"I'm back" sang the blonde as she cackled and ran somewhere out of Cassidy's field of vision. Her voice echoed in Cassiopeia's head for the rest of the night.
~~~

Meanwhile...

A beautiful blonde woman walked the almost empty streets of Mystic Falls with a smirk as her enchanting eyes glanced over every building she passed until she turned down an alleyway. She stalked down the dimly lit path where another beautiful yet slightly younger blonde was waiting, leaning against the wall as she text someone on her phone.

The younger blonde smiled when she saw the older woman, "I almost thought you weren't going to show up" she spoke in an enchanting yet monotonous tone as she moved away from the wall. "My witch even suggested I make a backup plan in case you bailed on us"

"In case you and your witch have forgotten this was my plan and it's my revenge" the older one sneered as she glared at the other blonde. She started at her until she fell to her knees coughing up blood and screaming in pain. The older woman kneeled by her and pulled her closer by her hair. "I have no idea where you get your confidence from when you're so weak." The older blonde glared for a couple of seconds more before releasing her hold on her hair and the pain she was inflicting on the younger blonde. "Remember, I only have one use for you and that's your beautiful face."

Even though the pain has stopped, the younger blonde couldn't move her legs. She wiped the blood from her lips as she clenched her hands to hold in her anger.

"Now how is your part of the plan going?" the first blonde questioned as she looked at the other girl in disgust.

"Almost all the pieces are in place, mother"