Chapter 1

It all started when my family moved here to Haddonfield, Illinois. We moved into the Myers house since nobody else wanted it. I was 7 years old at the time and had to leave all my friends in Florida. I hated having to move away from my friends, I didn't know anyone here. My parents enrolled me into my new school the chance they got it.

"(y/n)! Get up honey or you'll be late to your first day of school!" Mom yelled as I put my pillow over my head. "I don't wanna go!" I yelled back. I heard my parents talking downstairs before my dad got me out of bed. "We know dear, but it's for the best." My dad said taking me downstairs. I ate breakfast and got all of my stuff together. 'At least this school doesn't have uniforms.' I thought. I looked back at my mom as she smiled and waved me off while my dad walked me to the bus stop. Soon the bus came and my dad did what my mom did. I frowned. 'I want my old school back...My friends...' I thought, looking out the window. The bus got to the school and everyone got off. I was showed to my new class. Everyone looked up as I walked into the classroom. "You must be the new student!" A smiling woman said. "I'm Miss. Shane, please introduce yourself to the class." I looked at her then the class. I really didn't want to. "Just say your name and a few things about yourself if you'd like." Miss. Shane smiled at me. "I-I'm (y/n) and I like to collect shiny rocks..." They all liked at me and a few laughed. Miss. Shane told them to stop and showed me my seat. 'It's going to be a long day...' I thought.

Soon it was lunch and I sat under a tree. I was eating my sandwich when a kid came up to me. "Hi! I would of introduced myself in class, but your seat was far from mine. I'm Jake." He smiled at me and I smiled back . "Hi." I replied. "You're the one that moved into the Myers house, right?" I looked at him questioningly. "The town's been talking about it...Everyone knows. Do you know why nobody wanted that house?" I looked at him again, questioningly. "The son of the Myers killed his sister." I shrugged. "Does that not bother you?" He asked. "Wouldn't change my parents mind if it did. We only moved there because of their new jobs." He looked at me and decided to sit down next to me. "What do your parents do? My mom is the mail lady and my dad is a janitor." "They both work at Smith's Grove." His eyes widened. As he was about to say something else, the bell rang. "Can we hang out after school?" Jake asked. "If my parents are home." I smiled as we went back to class. The rest of the day was boring as it had dealt with math. The last bell rang and I got my stuff to leave.

"Hey, it's the weird new boy." I heard a boy say, but ignored him. "Where do you think you're going?" There boys from class surrounded me, laughing. "He looks like a deer." One of the others said. "Hey! Leave him alone!" I heard Jake yell as their leader scoffed. "The nerd is here to save the day, pathetic." The leader laughed. Jake grabbed my hand and we made a run for it. After a bit, the three have up. "Th-thanks." I said breathless. Jake smiled at me. "They bully everyone. They don't do much except talk. If you ignore them long enough, they give up. "I looked at him. 'This might be the start of a new friendship.' I thought.