Chapter 22

After breakfast, I went to work. 'I hope work can take my mind off of things.' I thought as I left our driveway. I turned on the radio, but turned it off as soon as I did. Tracey's death was still being talked about. "Fucking hell." I soon made it to work and did my usual routine. During my routine, I stopped at my boss' office. I knocked. "Come in." I walked in. "Ms. Miller? Could I ask you something?" She looked up from her computer. "Is there a way I could relocate?" "Relocate? Why?" "I don't want to be here in Haddonfield and I have plans to move." She pondered on what I said and sighed. "We're currently low on workers right now, but I'll keep note of you asking for when we get more workers." I nodded. "Thank you." I left and went out for lunch. Kate didn't work today, so I called her. No answer. 'Kate, what are you doing?' I kept calling her. I must've called her fifteen times before giving up.

Michael looked at Kate's phone as it rang. He seen (y/n)'s name come up multiple times. Michael looked back at Kate. She put up a fight, he had a few cuts on his arms and possibly his neck. Kate was currently unconscious on the couch while he figured out what to do with her. Kate was the only person standing in his way of being with (y/n) again. 'Kill her. I will. Paint these walls with her blood.' Michael pondered on what his thoughts said. Would (y/n) really become his again if he did this? He looked over at Kate as she groaned. He wanted Kate awake for what he was going to do to her. Michael knew (y/n) would be home soon, so he picked Kate up and left.

I called Kate again before leaving work, she still didn't pick up. When I got home, it felt off. I went to unlock the front door, but it was already unlocked. "Kate!?" I ran into the living room, her phone was bussing. Missed calls and unread messages came across the screen. I searched the whole house, yelling for her. My heart sank when I realized the worst. I ran out of the house and kept running. 'No, no, no!' I thought as I ran. I ran to Michael's house and forced the front door open. "Michael!?" No response, not like I expected him to respond. I ran upstairs and found Michael hunched over a body, blood pooling on the floor. "No!" Michael turned around. I seen Kate, her breathing shallow. He dropped her and walked over to me. I backed up.

He reached out to grab me, but I ran. I was almost out of the door when he grabbed me. I screamed, but he covered my mouth. I fought against him, but he wouldn't let go. I bit his hand and he let go of my mouth. "Let me go!" I screamed as loud as I could. He threw me on the couch and straddled me. I looked up at him with fear in my eyes. 'Is this where I die? Kate....' I felt tears roll down my face. He lifted his hand and I flinched, closing my eyes. Michael whipped away some of my tears. "Shh..." He cooed in a low, coarse voice. 'This can't be happening again...' I cried even more. "M-Michael, please let me go. K-Kate needs my help, please." I said between sobs. He didn't say a word and just stared at me. Shakily, I reached towards his mask.

Michael watched as (y/n) went towards his mask. He let him take it off of his head. He grabbed his face and he closed his eyes. Michael hasn't felt his touch for so long. "Please, Michael. She needs my help." (y/n) said, still crying. He shook his head. "Please...." He looked at him, he could see his fear. This wasn't how he wanted to get him back. Michael sighed and whipped away his tears. "You'll...leave me..." He said as he looked at him. He stayed silent, he knew he was right. "It'll be better, for both of us.." "No!" (y/n) flinched. Michael pulled him closer to him. 'Lock him away. He can't run if he's locked up.' The voices said and he thought about it. As gently as he could, he picked him up. "M-Michael?" He walked up the stairs, past the room Kate was laying in.

I tried to see if Kate was breathing. "P-Put me down!" I thrashed in his arms, elbowing his chin. He grunted and dropped me. It hurt, but I pushed myself up and ran to Kate. "Kate!" She was still breathing. "Run..." She said weakly. "Not without you." "No, go.." She passed out again. I got up to see Michael in the doorway, he was pissed, I could see it. I looked at the window. We were on the second floor of the house. I gulped. 'Either deal with him or jump and still deal with him. I looked back at him. He held his hand out towards me. "No..." I ran towards the window and braced myself. The crash was loud as I fell to the ground. I groaned as I looked up. Michael was there, looking down at me.

I watched him disappear. "Shit, shit, shit!" I tried to get up, but screamed in pain. I fell back down. 'No, I need to get up He's coming!' I looked down at my body, glass shards were everywhere and my ankle looked twisted. I heard heavy breathing and gulped looking up. It was too late for me to run. Pleading was going to get me no where. "I-I can't move...My ankle..." I looked away from him. Michael huffed and picked me up. He took me to his room and set me on the bed. He left. 'I need to get out of here...' I thought. When he came back, he had a small first aid kit. Michael gestured towards my shirt and I looked at him. "Off." "No." He sighed and grabbed my shirt, taking out his knife. I felt the fabric rip. I was in too much pain to fight him.

One by one, I felt him take the glass out of my skin. It hurt even worse when he poured alcohol on my wounds. "M-Michael?" I felt him stop and knew he was listening to me. "Please, she needs my help. I won't leave you as long as you let me take her to the hospital. Please, Michael." He went back to plucking the glass out of my skin. My words were falling onto deaf ears. More tears rolled down my face. I was going to lose the last person in my life to him. I felt him pour more alcohol onto my wounds and clean them up before covering them with gauze pads. I felt him pull me close and gently lay me on him. Michael sighed contently. "Both of us need a hospital Michael. My ankle is swollen." He grunted and his grip tightened on me. "S-Stop, it hurts..." He let go.