00 | prologue

Thea's POV

"I want to be posted in another country. The missions given here are getting too boring for me." I said, as soon as me and my new supervisor were seated properly in the main room. I had called an urgent meeting with my supervisor, discussing about my future tasks in field.

"Wasn't the drug racket in Miami interesting enough?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. I shook my head and met his eyes.

"I just had to find out a hideout belonging to a bunch of idiots and tell the location to the police. What's so interesting about that?" I asked, tilting my head while I waited for his reply. He hummed in response, perhaps agreeing to my argument.

"Alright, Agent Rivera. Your wish is granted." He said, smiling at me. I was a bit taken aback, since I was expecting some argument over that fact whether I should leave my post under him or not because if I'm not wrong, I was recognised as a pretty good agent.

But him agreeing to my demand like this- well, I could very well say that I felt a bit disappointed not seeing any tearful goodbye.

Amazing way to punch your self esteem in the face, Thea.

"Woah, really?" I asked, not being able to hide the surprise in my voice. He nodded and stood up, taking out a folder from the nearest shelf and passing it on to me.

"Your next supervisor is Mr. Adam Brown, Agent Rivera. He has some of the finest agents like you working under him."