51 | truth unveils

Heeseung's POV

"You sure you lost them in the city before coming here?" I asked the slightly panicked male, who was busy drinking water from a glass which Jayoung had handed him.

"You think? Why would I lead them here? It's obvious they didn't want to party with you guys." Jake sarcastically replied, making it even more obvious that the stress of being followed by two random men out of blue had fried the poor guy's nerves.

"Let's just calm down, okay? They won't come here." Jayoung stated, each of the palm of her hand facing us both and trying to keep us from starting a petty fight.

"Tell him." I said, lifting my chin up to point at him.

"If it wasn't for Thea and Sunghoon I would have stabbed you by now." He threatened me, raising his hand up in such a way that he was holding an imaginary knife and was about to stab me.

"Enough!" Jayoung yelled, right before I was about to open my mouth to say something. "You—" She said, pointing at me. "Get back to your work."

"And you—" She added, now pointing at Jake. "Sit quietly in a corner." She ordered, making me snicker at seeing her give an adult a time out.

Gosh, that's so stinking cute.

I looked down at my watch and realised twenty minutes had passed away already since my short conversation with Thea.

"Just hang in there guys."

Thea's POV

"I can walk myself. Stop pushing me, idiot." I snapped at the male behind me, who was holding my hands in place in case I made a run for it. Scoffing, he released his grip on my hand, motioning me to move forward.

Not me feeling like I was being presented to an evil queen who is going to boil me alive and serve that soup to my mother. Goddamn, no wonder I feel like a full course meal, geez.

I think I accidently snorted while stifling my laugh-

I suddenly heard someone whistle in front of me as soon as we entered a huge room which was apparently a 'board meeting room' but right now it was a 'room where I hold two awesome agents hostage so that I can detain them'.

"Ah yes, the second criminal." I heard Brandon say out loud, while Sunghoon stood in a corner witch his hand cuffed behind and a trail of blood from his lips to his chin. I rolled my eyes at the statement and looked over to my associate, who just shrugged his shoulder while two bulky men, perhaps they were from the group of criminals but were imposed as 'security guards', pulled him up beside me.

"Later was too soon, eh?" I muttered while referring to the last statement he said before parting, earning me a scoff from him. "Hurts much?" I added, staring at his busted lip and a bruise on the side of his forehead.

"Don't sweat over it, I let them." He said, giving me his signature smug smile. I smiled when I realised that surprisingly, we were the only ones talking.

"You guys are done?" Brandon asked us sarcastically, reminding me of my English teacher when we kids used to talk too much in the class.

"Nah, we need to catch up on shit. Can you provide us some tea and biscuits?" Sunghoon snapped back, making the buff guy number one to punch him hard in his gut. 

"Do that one more time, and I'll make sure I rip apart those huge hands of yours." I threatened that dude, which made the buff guy number two push me slightly in order to make me look forward.

"So," I heard Bran-piece-of-shit-don speak up again much to my annoyance. He pulled up a chair and sat down on it, looking at us both with an amused smile on his face. "Why did you fake your death?"

"You already know the reason, bitch." I spat, glaring at seeing his audacity to pass off as the good cop in front of the other agents who didn't know a thing about the conspiracy.

"Why did you kidnap Heeseung? Perhaps, you and Mr. Brown wanted to get rid of him?" We heard a voice from behind us, only to see Anderson walking in.

"You fucking d—" Sunghoon almost growled in anger, heaving his body ahead in full force to tackle him but unfortunately our buffed nannies caught him before he could even touch Anderson.

"Stay in your line, Agent Park." Brandon said in a commanding voice, standing up from his chair slightly miffed. "Did you forget how much you can stoop low? This is nothing compared to what you have done before." He added, standing in front of my fellow associate face to face.

"Your filthy lies are making me gag." I muttered, pretending to hold my urge to vomit on his ugly face.

At least he'll look a bit better after I generously throw up on his face and naturally decorate it. The world wouldn't have to burn it's eyes by accidently seeing his bare face.

The said male raised his eyebrow in surprised and turned around to look at me, an amused smile on his face.

"You don't know?" He asked, giving a knowing look to Sunghoon.

"Know what?" I asked, now genuinely confused and glanced at Sunghoon only to see him stand quietly, his head hung down. Brandon cracked up after staring at my expression, shaking his head.

"Don't tell me you didn't have the guts to tell her—" He began, but then paused again to wheeze till he split his sides open. Sunghoon glared at him but didn't dare to meet my eyes though I stared at his face waiting for him to say something.

Boy, that man surely knows how to hide his inner feelings though he was being attacked like that. I couldn't even make out whether he was nervous, sad, guilty or angry.

Perhaps all of the above is a correct option in this case.

"He failed a mission, which resulted in death of six civilians." Brandon finally revealed with a disappointed sigh. "If it wasn't for Adams, he would have been fired already."

I would be completely lying if I didn't say I was shocked.

Like, shocked, shocked. Dumbstruck, shaken, baffled- you name it.

Not because he had done that— the fact that he was actually living with the guilt all this while without even going crazy with all that weight on his shoulders.

Me? I would have just quit everything and retired somewhere far away to cry my eyes out in peace.

"Yeah, Sunghoon? I'm correct, right?" The Ugly spoke up again, now facing the male who just stood silently in his place not saying a word till now.

"Yes, this is true."