14. coffee dates

Violet's POV:

I'm at Aurora Hotel because I had to meet up with Alex. He's currently finishing his shift, the shift of his fake job. But it's okay, I kind of admire the fact that the man wants to cover up his actual lifestyle.

I reach the restaurant and wait for him to walk out of the kitchen.

I'm scrolling on instagram when a hand touches my shoulder to grab my attention, as I look up from my phone I see a smiling Alex, standing in front of me.

"Hey best friend" I greet him smiling back and he hugs me, before pulling away and speaking "Let's go get a coffee, I only have 30 minutes before I start my second shift. One of my coworkers didn't show up so I have to cover up." he says and I laugh a little. He looks at me confused to why I'm laughing and I begin explaining "You know you don't have to do this, right?" he's still confused.

Oh boy, stop playing dumb.

"I mean all this because you don't want people to understand that you work in the mafia" I say and he smirks. "What do you mean the mafia? I'm a simple waiter in a simple restaurant." I look at him and laugh, shoving my hand in his shoulder, not hurting him. He fake pouts and laughs after.

We reach the Cafe, in the same floor as the restaurant, and order our coffees.
"How can you drink it with only one sugar? Coffee is terrible without sugar and putting that little won't change anything!" I argue with Alex as we begin to walk to the reception area, to rest a little before he starts working again.

"Girl coffee is coffee, you can't put tons of sugar in it! Coffee having too little sugar helps me to not fall asleep when Blake talks in a meeting!" He argues back and I laugh, he's got a point.

We finish our coffee and talk a bit before he leaves for work again, and I decide to go home and chill before going to Shadows.

I walk to the elevator and press the button, waiting for it to reach me.

As the doors open I step in and press the button which takes me to the first floor.
But the elevator stops at the second floor, someone must've pressed the button.

I'm looking down at my feet when I see that the person who walks in has a pair of black classic shoes, seems like one of those rich people.

Wait. I know those shoes.

My eyes slowly capture the whole picture of the person in front of me and there he is. Blake Federico Ferreri. My lovely boss.

He presses the button to the first floor and finally sees me, his look surprised.

"Hello Miss Rodriguez." he says stepping beside me, looking straight in front of him.
"Hello Mr Ferreri." I say back, avoiding eye contact too.

It doesn't take much for the elevator to reach the first floor but as we're almost there, Blake stops it, pressing one of the buttons.

I furrow my eyebrows and look at his figure.
"What are you doing?" I say and he doesn't react, his back facing me.

After a solid minute of silence I finally hear his voice, deep and husky like usual "Did you take the note?" his question comes out of nowhere.

"Yes, I did. And?" I say searching for his eyes but he still doesn't face me.

Silence hits us for a few seconds, before he speaks again.

"Nothing. Just wanted you to know that as your boss, I'm here to support you. Just that." he says and I'm fucking confused. Does he have mood swings?