23. her own saviour

Violet's POV:

I stare at the wall in front of me.

What is happening to me, will completely change my life. It's already changing.

I feel like my head is going to explode, while my cheek is burning more. They hit me.

It happened a few hours ago, a man came in and brought a piece of bread and a glass of water. When I looked at him in disgust, he got angry.

I didn't do anything. I just looked at him, he began screaming at me. I covered my ears with my hands, unable to hear him any longer.

Then he grabbed me and his hand met my cheek. A wave of pain followed, before he left and I fell to the floor.

What did I ever do to deserve this?

And here comes the thought I hate. The thought that tells me to stay the fuck away from Blake the second I get out.

I mean that thought isn't wrong. It's not Blake's fault I'm here, but I definitely wouldn't have been here if I never met him.

And if I never worked in that stupid club.

I can't wait for them to save me, I have to save myself.

And when I'm out, I have to start a new life. New city, new identity, new people, new work.

Adrenaline rushes through me as I grab the glass of water that I hadn't touched. I throw the water on the floor and break the glass.

I grab a piece of glass and prepare myself for what comes next.

Ladies and gentlemen, let the show begin.

As my lungs are filled with air, I let out the biggest and scariest scream I've ever made.

After a solid minute, the door knob twitches and I position myself beside the door.

A man comes in and I instantly stab him, not feeling anything at all. I realised, he was the man that hit me. The fucker deserved it.

I reach his pants and grab the gun he had, before leaving his dead body there.

I follow a few stairs before swinging the door open. A man standing in front of me, playing with his phone. As he looks at me I shoot him, running to another door.

Seems like I have to go upstairs if I want to get out.

I quietly follow the stairs, preparing myself to shoot again.

I reach what seems like the kitchen, as I see a door that leads outside. The back door.

I open it and walk in a huge garden, only then I start to run.

I run as fast as possible, feeling a few tears escape my eyes.

I reach a big enclosure and climb it, even though my legs felt like giving up.

I never stopped.

When I had climbed all the way up, I jumped. No matter what would happen, I didn't care.

I had to run.

I hear a few gunshots and instantly get up from the floor, beginning to run.

The only thing in front of me is the forest. Where the fuck am I?

______________

After running for what felt like hours, I finally reach a street.

I continue walking, standing in the middle of it.