27. serenity or chaos?

Violet's POV:

"Remind me why we're doing this again? I forgot." I speak, clearly bothered by this meeting.

"Because we need more and perhaps better artillery." Alex quickly replies to me before continuing to explain his plan.

This wasn't a formal meeting, Blake's men weren't attending it.

It was just us. Alex, Sil, Jacob, Blake and me.

I was going to question something but Alex seemed to read my thoughts "And before you ask, Violet, the answer is no; we can't send our men to do this because it's something we have to do." He smirks, knowing he just read my thoughts like I was some opened book.

I nod my head and give up, finally listening to him talking.

"We won't have problems. Tonight we will only discuss with them about the artillery, which we'll receive a couple of days later." He pauses for an instant, before speaking again "If we fuck up tonight, they won't give us the artillery."

"Everybody understood?" Alex asks, his look satisfied when everyone in the room nods.

We all get up, ready to leave as the meeting's over.

Blake hasn't said a word for the whole meeting. He just nodded every time he agreed with Alex, so basically for the whole meeting.

I watch as everyone leaves and stop him as he's about to exit the room.

"Mr Ferreri?" I speak, waiting for him to turn around.

When he does, I can see his smirk.

"Calling me like you used to, when you hated me?" His tone amused.

"What makes you think I don't hate you anymore?" I speak, sitting on my chair and leaning my back, getting comfortable.

He takes a few steps towards me, before stopping in front of my chair and leaning with his arms on either side of it.

I feel his hot presence, he's too close.

"Just the way your body reacts to me, sweetie." He smirks before stepping away, as I finally feel like I can breathe.

"My body lies to you. It's part of the game, sweetie." I mock him, feeling a little wave of satisfaction rushing through me.

"I'm not touching you, I don't think you deserve it. Do you?" He speaks, I roll my eyes annoyed because he understood that I was putting on all this act just for him to touch me.

But I needed his touch. It was the only thing that could keep me sane in that moment.

"Fine. Don't touch me." I reply getting up from my seat and walking towards the door, not making it when he grabs my arm and pulls me back, close to him.

"Stop acting like a child. You're a grown woman, Violet. So act like it." He coldly states, before letting go of my arm and sitting on a chair behind him.

He wasn't wrong tho. I was acting like a kid.

"I will act like a grown woman when you will show that you're a grown man. Seriously? You are judging me? What about you, Blake?" I state in front of him, looking dead into his eyes.

"Your point?" He asks. The audacity this man has.

"I can't do this anymore." I mumble rubbing my forehead "You know what? Forget about it. I'm leaving." I speak loud enough for him to hear me.

I don't even bother looking at him as I reach the door and leave the room.

I quickly walk to the garage, grabbing the keys of the only car I missed. That sweet Range Rover.