Chapter Eleven

Adelaine

My eyes flutter open at the sound of my phone ringing.

I grab it and answer in a groggy voice.

"Hello?".

"Adelaine, are you on birth control?"Kingston asks with panic in his voice,I rub my eyes tiredly and yawn, turning to the other side.

"Don't worry,I am"He let's out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God, I don't plan on-".

"Having more kids yes I know".

"How did you know I have a kid?"I roll my eyes.As if it's not the first thing that shows up when you search his name online.

"An employee told me,by the way where is he? I haven't heard a baby's cry here last night".

"He's with my grandpa at their house, are you coming to work anytime soon?"He asks,his voice hinting at something I can't quite figure out.

He sounds like he's hoping I'll get out of the house,I guess he's already regretting last night.

"Yeah, I'll go to my apartment to shower and change then I'll be there"I get up and hurry in the living room to get my stuff, it's not exactly an outside walk of shame but I'm already embarrassed by the plants seeing me here,I bet they're judging me like crazy.

"Good,and also...Can we pretend last night never happened?"He asks with awkwardness in his voice.

I stop in my tracks and feel my stomach twist.

Oh.

What were you expecting Adelaine? He's your boss and you agreed to it, actually you encouraged it last night.

"Yeah of course...Sure,I have to go now,bye"I mumble and hang up, dropping down on the couch with a loud groan.

"Great, amazing, what the hell was I thinking? What possessed me to sleep with him?"I rest my elbows on my knees while rubbing my temples.

"Why wasn't I stopped? This is going to affect my whole job performance,how am I supposed to act like nothing happened? I can't do that, that's impossible".

Why did he sound so different? He sounded...Distant and arrogant? Ughhh he sounded like himself,last night was only lust getting to him.

"I need to work on saying no to people,why am I even complaining when he asked me three times to make sure I actually want it? I did this to myself, Adelaine you idiot"I slap my forehead with my palm before standing up.

I need to get out of this damn penthouse,this time an actual walk of shame through the entire building with my outfit half torn.

I look around and find his coat on the floor, right next to the window I was pressed against when he was...I won't even think about it anymore,it happened now it's over.

I put the coat on and grab the rest of my stuff.

"I cannot believe I slept with him,what is wrong with me? This is so unprofessional and idiotic of me"I scold myself and walk to the door, passing by a ton of keys resting in the glass bowl.

I bite my lip and look at them."If you're gonna act like this never happened then you're never gonna see your keys again"I pick out two random keys and put them in my pocket.

Hope these weren't the keys to any important doors.

I smile to myself and walk out the door, starting my walk of shame.

                           Kingston

...Okay well in my defense I am awkward with one night stands,I usually send them out and they never see me again, but this is completely different, that woman works one floor under me and is required to talk to me every single day,I won't say I regret it but I'm not exactly proud of what happened either.