Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Adelaine"She calls my name out in fear.

"Yeah?".

"Adelaine is that your ex as in your ex that was abusive? The one that was forcing himself on you?"She asks with her eyes wide open, staring at the tv screen in terror.

"Yes, that's him"I answer and drop my phone on the floor.

"Adelaine, could it be..."My neck snaps in her direction before she finishes the sentence.

"NO".

"Shhhh don't yell,I didn't say it was one hundred percent him but maybe-"I stand up abruptly.

"How can you even think that? He would never"I say defensively and she stands up, grabbing my hand."Just listen,maybe it's not-".

"Don't be absurd,why on Earth would he do something like that? Just because he's a little scary doesn't mean he's capable of killing a human bein-".

"Duchess"A male voice calls out.

I can recognize that voice from anywhere...Uhh ohh.

We freeze in our spots,our eyes widening as the seconds pass.

Maddy swallows hard and looks at me with a terrified look on her face.

"Duchess"He repeats again and I clear my throat frightened, breaking eye contact with Maddy and looking at the floor.

"Yes?".

"Duchess"I frown,why does he keep repeating that nickname over and over again?

"Kingston what-"I look at him and my blood runs cold.

"KINGSTON?!"He stares at me in shock,his suit and hands covered in blood.

"WHAT THE HELL?!"Maddy screams and grips my shoulder trying to stay on her feet.

He takes a deep breath and squats down, staring at his shaky,bloody hands."Don't hate me duchess,it had to be done ".

This has to be a joke, God please let this be a joke.

"You-You killed-Please tell me you're joking".

He looks at me in devastation for a few seconds before smirking devilishly.

"Gotcha".

I let out a sigh of relief and furrow my brows.

"Kingston!! You scared me to death, are you crazy?".

His face softens as he smiles wide,his small dimples appearing on his cheeks."It's not my fault you're gullible,do I look like I would kill a man?".

Maddy and I look at each other, both shrugging.

"You look like a murderer".

"Looking serious and psycho isn't the same thing Marie".

"It's Maddy"She corrects him bitterly.

"Same thing, but I've never killed anyone,and I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon, unless someone puts my duchess in danger,for her I'll become the most wanted killer on the planet".

I roll my eyes."I don't want you to kill anyone for me, killing is cruel and disgusting,and what's all that red stuff on your shirt and hands?".

"I'm a man of God duchess, I'll only kill when I'm allowed to"He winks and looks at his hands.

"Paint, they're renovating the hall on the first floor and the man ran into me with a bucket full of paint,I figured this would be a fun prank to pull on my sweetheart but I had no idea anyone was already murdered near the penthouse"He says but something about the sound of his voice not letting me believe him.