Chapter 10: Finding Ourselves

Squinting my eyes to have a proper look at the rear-view mirror. I felt like I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was Hades' car and it was following me. What was he doing? A horn brought my attention back to the road. I swerved a little bit before focusing back on the road.

I decided to drive to the park. The car was still following me. I knew that Hades was inside and I couldn't just let go of him over some stupid words he said. They were hurtful.

But he was much more important. I parked the car on a parking slot, then got down of the car. Hades was trying so hard to hide himself from me. His car was quite far from me. I kept on pretending like I didn't see him and got out of the car. The touch of the rain on my skin, was pretty familiar at this point. I walked to the fountain and hid behind a tree in the dark.

My heartbeats raced when I saw a panicked Hades ran by the fountain. He had one of his white shirt on him. His hair was completely messy and the droplets of rain kept rolling down his face. He looked lost and confused. I walked out of my hiding and made my way to him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. Hades quickly turned around to look at me. Relief flashed in his eyes as he walked to me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me back. I pushed my hair away from my face as I stared at him.

"Why are you following me?" I asked him, my voice gentler as I walked closer to him. He stayed quiet. He didn't speak. His eyes were connected to mine. I put my hand on his cheek, tilting my head slightly to the side to have a proper look at his beautiful face.

Slowly, his forehead touched mine. His eyes closed as he took in a deep breath. His hands slowly snaked themselves around my waist. I could feel his breath fanning all over my face. His eyes were filled with water.

Or was it tears?

"I can't let you go" He whispered more to himself that to me.

"Don't" I practically begged.

"Go home, Luna" Hades sighed as he pulled away. He took my hand in his then started walking to my car. He was literally dragging me to the car.

"Why did you follow me, Hades?" I demanded. He suddenly stopped walking. He turned around to look at me. His jaws were clenched. It was not raining anymore so I could decipher his facial expressions pretty well.

"Because it is three in the fucking morning, Luna. You're driving alone" he pointed out.

"I thought you didn't care" I muttered as we stopped in front of my car. Hades' face softened at my words. He took a step in my direction then cupped my cheek in his hand. He stared at me for a few seconds before resting his forehead against mine.

"You know that I do " he whispered. He opened his eyes to look at me. "I needed to know that you were safe" He said.

"I am" I whispered. "Now that you're with me, I am" I rested my hands on his hips. I was so happy that he has dropped this cold façade. I somehow knew that I needed to be careful.

"Why did you give up on us so easily?" He asked me, a frown adorning his face. He was genuinely curious. I felt some hidden insecurities in his words. He felt abandoned. It was true that Hades didn't have many permanent people in his life. He considered me as a permanent pillar in his life.

And I broke his trust somehow.

"I didn't want Hannah to grow her baby with a father" I said. My voice croaked a little bit. I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. "I thought you'd be happy with Hannah and your baby" I sobbed.

Truth was, I didn't want to give Hades the choice to choose.

I didn't want to know who he'd choose between me and Hannah and the baby. There was that huge selfish side of me that wanted him to choose us but I was scared. I was scared that Hades would choose them, which would have been logical.

So I rejected him first.

I pushed him away first.

"I never had eyes for anyone except you since that day I saved you on these stairs" Hades breathed before crashing his lips against mine. My hand snaked itself on the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. He gently lifted me up, making me wrap my legs around his waist. He slightly turned around so that I was sitting on my car with him between my legs. His fingers were tangled in my hair as he pushed my lips closer to his. I needed him to know what I felt for him.

"I just want to have a normal relationship. I want to be with you. I want to be happy with you" I breathed against his skin as I pulled away. He was pretty reluctant about breaking the kiss.

"Let's be happy together" Hades whispered against my lips. I rested my forehead against his as I thought about our baby growing inside of me. I didn't want to tell him right now. I wanted to enjoy this moment of finding ourselves again. It was three long weeks. "I apologize" Hades said seriously. I bit my lips as I pulled away to look at him.

"For?" I asked curiously.

"For saying things that I don't mean. For saying hurtful shit" He elaborated.

"You were hurt" I shrugged.

"Don't look for an excuse on my behalf, Luna. Think of you first. It's good to be selfish at times" Hades mumbled before pulling himself away from me. "Get in my car" He ordered, making me frown slightly.

"What about my car?" I asked.

"i'll have someone pick it up tomorrow morning" He simply said. "Get in the car. You're shivering" He ordered again. I jumped off the hood and ran to his car. I sat on the passenger seat and watched him through the rear-view mirror. He was locking my car.

A sense of relief swam over me as his perfume enveloped me. I was with Hades. We found our way back to each other. I was not going to leave his side again. I debated on whether I should tell him about our baby now.

Maybe later.

Hades walked back to the door with his phone pressed against his ear. "Yes. Lock the house and early morning, get the car picked up, John" With that, he ended the call and sat in the car. He started the engine and turned to look at me.

"Can I stay at yours?" He asked me politely. I blinked a few times to register what he was asking.

"We will have to sneak you in as my mother is not too fond of you at the moment" I admitted. Hades exhaled then started driving.

"I will have a chat with her" Hades said. "Hannah fooled everyone. When I knew that she was eleven weeks pregnant, I knew that it couldn't be me" he breathed. "I am sure your mother will understand the situation" he assumed. I was pretty sure that my mother would be understanding about it too.