Chapter 39: Terrible Liar

"I am craving lobster" I mumbled in envy as I stared at the plates on the table next to ours. The lobster was cut in half and I could see the butter glistening on top of it. With a sigh, I turned my attention to Hades who was sitting in front of me, wearing a while shirt and black pants. I never know how he manages to look this good every time I see him. The more I stared at him, the more I was craving to touch him. I bit my lips as I stared at his luscious ones. "And now I am craving something else" I said loud enough for him to hear.

Snap Out Of It, Luna!

"You're making this hard for me, Love" Hades said, his voice low but so smooth that I nearly melted.

Should I blame the hormones again?

"We need to talk" I said seriously, breaking that heated trance that we were getting ourselves into. It was so hard for me not to be attracted to that beautiful man.

So beautiful.

His eyes ar-

"We need to talk" he agreed, stopping my stubborn mind from trailing into dangerous and heated thoughts. Just as I was about to talk, the waiter walked to our table, with his tablet in his hand. He offered us a smile.

"Are you ready to order?" He asked politely, wearing that genuine smile on his face.

"The lamb shank, please. And for the drink, I would just get the apple juice" I said with a smile. He took my order in before turning his attention to Hades.

"I would get the seafood platter and a Double black, please" Hades ordered before handing our menu card to the waiter. With that, he was gone with our order and we were left with our serious conversation. Hades was awkwardly quiet. He kept on fumbling with the fork, proving that he was somehow nervous.

"Are you okay?" I asked him as I reached his hand to stop him to playing with his fork like a damn kid.

"I am" he lied.

"You're a terrible liar" I chuckled as he rose his head to look at me. The food was just an option to this night. We both knew why we were here. I never thought that I would once see Hades like his. That confidence that he always radiated had dimmed so much.

And I was hating it.

"I am coming back home" I told him, without creating anymore suspense. His eyes quickly moved to mine as they widened. He inhaled deeply as he closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"You're coming back home?" He questioned again, trying to confirm if that was what he really heard. I shook my head in amusement as I sat back and relaxed.

"I am coming back home" I repeated. "I am so done with living like this. I want to be home with you" I admitted. "But I want to keep on working. I want to feel independent. I am not going to stay at home and wait for you to come back every night. I want to live a normal life, regardless of the threats or situation" I continued. He was the person that I needed to talk about all this too.

"You can keep on working. That was never a problem for me. I understand that you want to build your own career and I will always support you, love" Hades spoke gently. "But you will have security guards with you at all time, Luna. We will live a normal life. However, we cannot ignore the fact that we are indeed receiving threats" he sighed.

"I don't have a problem with the security" I admitted. "I actually feel safe" Hades smiled on my words. I was pretty sure that Hades was expecting a whole debate tonight but making his life hard, was not something I fancy doing.

"We will make this work" Hades said as he gently squeezed my hand in his.

"I want you to understand that we are in a relationship, Hades. We are going to be parents" I said softly. "I want you here, with me during this. We have 3 months left before our baby is here. We cannot be fighting over things like other women" I chuckled at the thought of Laura Lapin.

I despised that woman.

"They throw themselves at me, Sweetheart" Hades said in amusement, making me scoff. I could feel myself getting more relaxed as I felt Hades ease himself up more. His confidence was coming back. His intimidating aura was slowly creeping back on him.

Hades was a powerful man.

And it seemed like I was his weakness.

And his baby.

"That's the effect of the money" I shrugged.

"Are you saying that if I was broke, you wouldn't be with me?" Hades questioned, tilting his head slightly as the corner of his lips moved upwards in amusement. I scoffed at his words before shrugging.

"The car was what made me date you" I lied perfectly. Hades chuckled at my words then lifted his glass of champagne.

"You're such a terrible liar" he mimicked me as ai rose my glass to meet his.

"Cheers to us" Hades said softly as his eyes connected with mine.

"Cheers to our family" I said. His eyes softened at the choice of my words. He leant over the table and cupped my cheeks with his hands.

"I love you, Luna" he told me before gently leaving a small kiss on my lips. I could feel my heart race in my ribcage as I watched him sit back. His tattoos were playing hide and seek as they would peek out at every movement that Hades would do. I felt like undressing him, just to be able to sit and contemplate his magnificent body. The tattoos that adorned him seemed to be his story. I was in love with this man.

But still, I felt like there was so much more to discover to him.