Chapter 2

"One seltzer water please." I asked the bartender.

He wore shorts that were very revealing and a see-through shirt that helped hide nothing at all. Actually, all of the workers were wearing something similar. Except the ones by the big double doors.

They were dressed more formal and looked good. But I wonder what types of things they were guarding on the top floor.

"Oh no you don't," Kora said.

"Lord, what is it now!" She's always nitpicking about something.

"Your getting something wayyyy stronger than some god damn water! We'll have 2 Vodka Martinis." She told the bartender.

He looked at us with surprise, but continued to make the drinks and sit them in front of us.

She immediately gulped down the drink and turned towards me, expectancy on her face.

"What are you doing? Drink that shit up so we can go dance Kadey!"

I held the drink hesitantly before taking a sip. It was sooo bitter. How does she just gulp it down like that?

"Come on, come on. You know what? I'll help." She said with a sly grin. She tipped the glass so that I had to drink it all in one go.

'Cough, cough' "Damn you! You know it's not good to drink something that strong down so fast!"

"Now does that really matter? We came to have some fun, so that's just what we're gonna do!" She got out her seat happily and held her hand out to me. "Let's go Kadey!"

Damn her, why did she always have to get her way?

I took her hand and she led us down to the dance floor where people were dancing and rubbing up against people they probably didn't even know.

Since I walked in, I could tell they DJ had some great taste in music. They were playing my bestie's favorite song. No wonder she was in a rush to go dance.

I rolled my eyes as she started dancing around me. "Come on Kadey! Just let loose and feel the music!" She said as my head started spinning a little bit. I really shouldn't have downed the drink like that.

"Ok, ok! I will, just help me a bit. I haven't danced in a while." She took my hands in hers and started shimmying us around the floor, which did nothing for my newfound headache.

"There we go Kadey! Now you've got it! I thought you said you hadn't danced in a while? Cuz you're goddamn rocking it!" She said excitedly as she let go of my hands. Although I wasn't really paying attention to her. I was busy letting all my stress go and swaying to the music.

"Since it seems like you got the dancing part covered, so I'm gonna go get some more drinks! Don't go anywhere!" Kora said sternly. I nodded my head dazedly as she walked away to the bar.

I continued dancing even more as one of my favorite songs started playing. About 5 minutes passed and Kora still hadn't come back. I looked over at the bar and she wasn't even there. She probably got pulled away by someone. I didn't want to admit it, but Kora was stunning. Especially with the beautiful high-rised dress she was wearing. It matched her dark green and blue highlighted hair that matched her green eyes perfectly.

Oh well, I'd find her sooner or later. But for now I'm gonna enjoy myself just as she wanted me to. I honestly didn't even need another drink. I was such a lightweight that I was probably drunk at the moment.

"Hey babe, you sure are a sight for sore eyes. Wanna take a ride with me home?"

I was dancing when a stranger slides up to me and put his hand on my arm. I shuddered. I might've been tipsy as hell but I definitely didn't want just anyone walking up to me like that. I started to get deja vu and began panicking as a tried to tear his hand off my arm. But for some reason I couldn't. I thought I was stronger than this. I know I'm stronger than this.

"Don't be like that babe. If you come with me, I'll show you what you've been missing out on. And that petite figure is just what I've been looking for. And don't tell me you don't fucking want it when you've been shaking that ass like nobody's looking."

I started shaking and my head thumped even harder. "That's not what I was trying to... I'm sorry." I really was. I didn't know how but I knew this had to be my fault.

It always was.

No it's not. It wasn't my fault this time. It couldn't be. 'Just breathe in and out, remember what Kora has taught you these 2 years.'

"I suggest you keep your hands off him. He's mine." Someone said harshly. Startled, I looked up behind me to see a tall man with slick, curly hair. He easily ripped off the hand that was gripping my arm. The handsome man glared at him with the most beautiful pair of grey eyes I've ever saw in my lifetime. The man's eyes opened wide in surprise and he immediately rushed off.

"Who..." I was about to ask his name and thank him when I felt myself being pulled down. Way down, into my subconscious.