Chapter 22

Zane POV

I woke with Kade snuggled in my arms, head laying peacefully on my chest, and his legs wrapped around me rather tightly. He was sleeping so soundly and at peace, I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his smaller frame and pull him closer, savoring the quiet.

He was spectacular last night. I didn't do anything extreme, just sensory and bondage. It was his first time, so starting off slow was best for my love. I couldn't wait to do more to his attractive little body though.

He began to stir awake and grip tighter onto me as he blinked his eyelashes open slowly. He glanced up at me softly and held his pretty, light brown eyes in mine. "Good morning, Zane."

"Morning, Love," I said back with a slight morning voice. He smiled and buried his cute face into my chest.

"Can we go on another date today?" He mumbled. I ran my hands through his soft, curly hair before tilting his head up and looking into his eyes.

"Of course. Whatever you want, I'll give," I said truthfully. He had my heart, however much was there. I wasn't really keen on loving, especially after my mom's death. The only people I had loved up until now was my father and Valeria. But then Kade caught my eye and as I got to know him, what he did, what he liked, I found myself loving his whole personality. It had only been a week, but those days without him made me crave for him and realize how much I wanted him in my life.

He smiled brightly at my words and began to sit up. "Then let's get rea-Ow," he groaned and laid back down, looking at me with an accusing glance.

"Don't blame me, Love. You asked for it," I smirked as he blushed red and looked away. He was too adorable. I got up from the bed and picked Kade up. He hooked his arms around my neck securely as I walked to the bathroom. "There you go. Call when you're done and I'll come back to get you. Unless you want me to stay?" I asked with my eyebrow arched and a smile. I'd much rather be with him than wait.

•••

We drove to Kade's apartment so he could change clothes and take a shower before going out on our date. I'd already did that, since I always kept a spare set of clothes at the club. Not that I used them much, compared to Val at least. She sub hops just about everyday. I'm surprised she's staying with that girl, Kora, for this long. She figured I was Val's brother when I first came to their apartment. She was pretty sharp and had intuition, something I respected.

I picked Kade up from the the car, as we had arrived at his home, and walked him to the door that was already suspiciously open. I could tell something was wrong. Kade's eyes showed confusion as I set him down. "Stay here, don't move. And call Kora to see if she's home," I said sternly, walking closer to the door. I pushed the door open more so I could see inside. The whole apartment was a mess. There were papers, books and glass thrown everywhere, as well as the couches and furniture that were somehow displaced. I looked closer at what was scattered about and saw that there were actually pictures of Kade, go to and from different places. It set my blood fucking boiling to see someone stalking MY Love.

"Hey, Kora? Are you home right now?" "Oh, ok. Sorry to bother. Thanks, bye," I heard him hang up the phone. "Hey, Zane, she's not in ther-," he started. I turnt to see Kade standing right behind me, eyes wide from what he saw. "T-t-that's m-me. W-who would d-do-," he questioned as his eyes widened even more from sheer terror. "Oh my g-god, s-shit, it h-has to be him. H-he's coming back f-for me. I-I shouldn't h-have-," he shook as tears formed in his eyes and streamed down silently.

I pulled him into me, blocking the sight that was already probably firm in his mind. But he apparently knew whoever did this and I would make sure they paid for upsetting MY Love. "It's ok, Love. I won't let anyone take you away from me, I promise," I tried to console him by rubbing soothing circles on his back and he let up a little. "Can you tell me who might've done it?" I tried to ask with a soft, calm voice.

He nodded in my chest and looked up at me slowly as he still shook and said "My younger brother, Danny. He did this before too, well, something similar."

"Ok, let's go wait in the car and call the police. I'll be there with you the whole time," I picked him up and he nuzzled into my neck with his tear stricken face. I didn't want to interrogate him so soon. He needed to calm down a bit more and I'd help him with that. But rest assured it wouldn't stop with a simple police case, I'd take it into my own damn hands and punish that guy myself, it didn't matter if it was his brother or not.

Unknown POV

I could tell something was wrong when I saw someone new enter the complex, but didn't pay it any mind because he was probably just visiting someone. I saw him come out a few minutes later and drive off. He had a creepy air about him, even though I couldn't see his face under the hood, I couldn't tell

I waited in my car for Kade to come back home. Ahh, Kade. I loved him with my whole heart. It hurt though, since he pushed me away. I was only trying to be nice to him, but he didn't see what I saw. But I was still gonna be here for him, even if it was only in the shadows.

Kade finally arrived in tow with Zane, well, the other way around actually, and headed up to the apartment. It didn't seem like they were leaving, so I waited for them. Zane came out with an upset Kade in his hands and I could tell something was wrong immediately. They got in the car and once I saw they weren't going anywhere, I stepped out of mine. I wore a cap and glasses so they wouldn't recognize me, it felt good out today anyway.

I took the elevator up to Kade's apartment and saw what the upset was. Well damn. I knew exactly who it was, although I didn't know his name or face. His reason? I didn't know that either, but I did know I would track them down and give them absolute hell for doing this to Kade. My sweet, innocent Kade. The one I loved so dearly.