Chapter 32

My nose filled with sweet, delicious scents as I woke from some well needed slumber. I opened my eyes and they adjusted to the brightness shining through the window. I laid my eyes on Zane who was very close to me, like touching noses close.

I had been sleeping in the same bed with him for a couple weeks now and we had never been so close before. But I liked it.

I moved to get up when I noticed that my fingers were really tense. I had been holding onto him really tight. No wonder we had been so close. His arms were wrapped around me as well, but it had more of a secure feeling. Like he was protecting me from something.

I sat up and just gazed at Zane, at everything that signified he was here, with me. I wanted him to be with me forever. And at this point, I don't think he would leave me now after everything that's happened. I smiled slightly at that thought.

"Awake already, my Love?" He said as he suddenly opened his eyes, like he wasn't sleep at all. "And smiling down at me, you're a sight I love to see." I blushed at the comment, but I couldn't look away from his eyes that held me to him. Something came over me and out of nowhere, I kissed his inviting lips.

It was filled with longing and love and a small sense of lust. I pulled back from the kiss, recognizing my unexpected actions. He opened his eyes and stared back with unknown emotion that only made me blush more and look away. He sat up, took hold of my face, and made me look at him. I held his gaze as he came closer and closer to my face. My lips.

He pulled me into a kiss so sweet and senseless, but filled with sense and emotion nonetheless. I let his tongue glide over my lips and explore my mouth in every crevice. It was powerful and overwhelming, but soothing in a way.

I kissed him back and I put my hands on his chest as he pulled me closer, ravaging my mouth even more. Right when it got heated, he pulled away. I heavily breathed in air I didn't even know I needed. I looked into his deep, dominant eyes and noticed he was looking into mine right back.

He cupped my face again, but instead of kissing me, he talked very sweetly.

"I love you, Kade. Very much. And believe me when I say, I will never, EVER, let you go. Understand?" He was stern, but in a way I liked. His dominance always shone through at moments like these, and I was thankful for it. It showed me that he was being serious.

He really wouldn't let me go, for anything. And it was totally fine with me, as I didn't want him to leave me anyway. Finally, all my worries were somewhat put to rest and i felt relived at his sudden confession. I fell hard for him and I didn't want to be with anyone else.

"I love you too, Zane. And I never want to let you go either," I said truthfully as I nodded.

He smiled his wonderful smile that I had noticed was spread on his face more often.

He quickly kissed my lips that were all his for the taking and got up to his feet.

"Now, before I do something rash, let's get you into the shower and ready for the day." He said smiling.

"Ok! Ok!" I laughed as he started tickling me to force me off the bed.

•••

After my shower, we headed downstairs and I saw Jenny making breakfast. I could tell just by the smell that they were my favorites.

"Good morning, little ones," she greeted us as soon as she caught sight of us. Zane rolled his eyes at her comment while I greeted her back.

"Morning, Ms. Jenny. Ooh, it all looks soo delicious. Why didn't you wake me so I could help you? You taught me how to cook some things and I would love to put them to test," I questioned. She took a quick glance over at Zane, who seemed as of he was staring off into space, and looked back at me.

"It's fine, I wanted to do this myself. I'll definitely get you next time, though," she said with a smile. She sat the finished plates down on the table so we went over and sat down. Of course, I automatically sat on his lap. He was just gonna make me sit there anyway, so I took the liberty of sitting there myself.

He looked kinda surprised but satisfied as he slid his arm around my waist and started feeding me. I was in a happy mood, compared to last night, so I accepted his offering. I thanked Jenny as she left the kitchen, probably to go back to sleep like she always does.

We were eating happily when I saw Zane looking at me as if he had something to say. I tilted my head in question and raised my eyebrows. "Zane? Something wrong?"

"No, not really. I just wanted to know if you had a specific punishment for that asshole. I know it's probably not the best time to bring it up, but the sooner the better." He said looking for any unwanted emotion on my face.

"I see," I said, looking down at my plate, suddenly not feeling hungry anymore.

"You don't have to answer now if you don't want to. You don't even have to answer at all-" "No, it's ok."

After all, he was the only one tormenting my dreams last night, and I couldn't wait for him to go.