Life outside isnt how it should be.

"Cold..." autumn whined a bit as she got up from the hard ground and tried to crack her back.

I smiled at her and laughed a bit "get used to it." This is the best we could have done. we really couldn't find a safe place to hide so we decided to camp out in an abandoned building while one of us kept on watch and today was my turn.

It has been night 7 for us and we were incredibly dirty from all the blood of killing zombies and just basic lack of showering.

When we arrived at this abandoned building we had just escaped a giant group of zombies we were afraid that someone or zombies would come so we established a system where one of us would stay away and guard the other two.

Fortunately this let us stay alive for 7 nights but would we ever make it through the entire thing? That's the question we have all been asking each other I'm sure.

When autumn had finally awoken and saw me she had this whole sad frown "are you sure you don't need a rest? You've been doing this for a few days."

"I'm fine autumn. Plus this is the only way I feel safe from all worries." I attempted to smile but I think I was too sleepy at the moment

Autumn probably noticed too as she sighed "go get some rest I'll watch over for now ok?" She patted my back moving me from my position

"Autumn I'm fine I can continue to watch-"

"No. Go and get some rest so we can deal with those zombies tomorrow." She pat my back again

"Fine but only cause I feel like im going to pass out any minute." In which I immediately did when I hit my pillow.

{autumn's pov}

As I saw kaylee lay her head on the ground next to Mel I noticed that they both looked extremely unwell, I started to wonder if we needed to go to the hospital soon to see what kind of medical supplies we could get.

I laid my head down on the pillar behind me as I watch outside for a good bit before hearing a little noise outside "oh shit..." I immediately grabbed Kaylee's bat and stayed put to see if the mysterious noise would either go away or show itself.

I didn't wanna wake up the others yet cause I didn't know if it was important enough to wake them up so I just stayed in front of them in case something lashed out.

The noise however never left it only got louder as the night went out.

"Damnit...I guess it's just beckoning me to come out huh." I sighed as I grabbed the bat and went outside to investigate

I didn't really expect anything to come out so I let my guard down a bit until I heard a voice from behind me "What..."

I tightened my grip on my bat as I ran towards the noise in a full attempt to kill the person. However the person was stronger then I anticipated and completely avoided the attack all together "what the-"

Next thing I knew the unknown person grabbed the bat from me and pinned me to the ground choking me with no remorse

"G-Get off...of....me!" I started to kick this mysterious person but it's like they wouldn't budge an inch!

I was on the verge of actually being strangled to death until suddenly a shadow from behind the person strikes them from the back and he fell unconscious.

I looked up to see my savior and it was kaylee! "What the- kaylee?? How are you awake?!"

"I heard noises from inside and came to check it out. Good thing I did too or you would have been dead. Now for my question..." she got on her knee as she looked at me seriously