Our time

{Kaylee's pov}

I'm glad no one noticed...I'm sure they did but keeping quiet was mostly the best thing they could do.

Yesterday was big and awkward for a lot of us, especially me. However whatever happened yesterday wasn't going to bring any of us down today hopefully.

As everyone woke up I was sitting in a chair thinking about our next move, we were definitely losing our rations faster then I feared so we'll have to fix that.

I guess I was a bit too focused because surprisingly Lazharia came over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "hey girl. What's going on?" She smiled as she sat in the chair beside mine.

"Oh it's nothing" I sighed trying to recollect myself and organize all my notes. "It's fine if you don't trust us yet but I think it'll be a lot easier if you didn't always think of a plan by yourself." Lazharia had said while smiling again.

I think she smiles a bit too much.

"Sure..? I just decided to think of one since all of y'all were asleep, Plus today is supposed to be an easy day for y'all to rest before tomorrow's scavenge."

Lazharia now had an annoyed look on her face, almost like she was trying to tell me something. "You know...it's getting a bit boring here just walking around, talking for a bit, and then sleeping."

"I'm sorry to tell you this but it's not about fun here. It's about survival." I grabbed my last book from the table and cleared everything else until only a piece of paper could be seen on there.

"If you really wanna help then you can help me by coming up with a team order for tomorrow. You seem to be observant of everything so I think you should be pretty good at giving out groups." I left her a pen and left to the others who were still asleep at the time.

To my surprise however, she actually did give our pretty good teams the next morning.

"Alright guys. Thanks to someone I was able to pick out today's team. First group is autumn and Ivan, then James and mel, and last but not least me and Kaylee." She passed out a paper "these are to show you the layout of the town we're checking today. I used to live here for a while so it was pretty easy to jot things down from memory."

Whew

Impressive. Everything seemed to be organized and pretty much accurate based off what I could see from a distance. She's definitely a useful teammate, I'll need to figure out if she's trustworthy based on today's raid.

"Hey Lazharia do you have a minute? I just wanna ask about some of the stores on this list." I showed her a specific store that caught my eye which just happened to look like a gun store.

"Oh that? Yeah I'm thinking we can get some of the leftover weapons if people didn't already take them all. What do you think?" She placed the pen I gave her earlier in her ear probably to make her look more studious.

"I think it's a good idea but maybe it's better to let one group go in just in case there are people lingering in there, if it's all clear we can call everyone else over to help."

Lazharia nodded at my idea and we all made it out of the building quickly. "Alright everyone there's some specific stores we want to check out in our separate groups. There's a few on here so we'll split up between all 3 groups. First off, me and Lazharia will take the gun store, some restaurants and the Walmart. Autumn and Ivan will be taking the pharmacy, some other restaurants and Publix. And the last group which is mel and James will be going to the hospital to find whatever you can bring back. It's a bigger space to check out so I only gave yall one place."