Reason

"What the fuck..." I said as I felt it go closer before it retracted completely. "Guys...what did I say about making that joke? At least make it more believable." Ivan said tapping at the knife while allyn laughed.

"You should have seen your face! Absolutely worth it." Both of them sat next to them and put away their knives. "Since when did you have knives?" I tried asking just to forget the fact I wanted to beat their ass right now.

"Oh we got them from Ivan." Noctis answered as he set it beside him. "If you don't want us to have it though we can give it back to him." I didn't know if he was trying to gain my trust right now but I thought about it and honestly I'm not sure if them having it would help us or not. "No thanks. Just keep it in case."

Maybe it was a mistake trusting them but I really wanted new recruits so some sacrifices are meant to be made. I looked over to his smiling face and realized that he was actually a pretty good looking guy. However one more fact hit me a lot faster then that, he has blue eyes and brown hair.

NO WAY. Absolutely not. This dream could absolutely not be about some random guy I just met.

Immediately I got up and grabbed my water to walk off quickly. "Hey Kaylee where are you going??" Ivan said worried since I shot up pretty quickly.

"I'm going out for fresh air don't follow me!" Suddenly I could feel my face become immediately red as I completely tried to forget about the dream with no success. At least the night air was relaxing, I thought.

It didn't take long before I felt a hand on my shoulder but at this point my anxiety was so built up from zombies that I punched the person behind me instead of scream.

That's when reality hit and I noticed it was noctis that I punched. Something inside of me wanted to punch myself for such a dumb mistake. "Oh god I'm so sorry I didn't mean to punch you I just thought it was a zombie." While looking at his face he didn't seem to have a mark or anything so he reassured me that he was alright.

"So. What's going on? I haven't known you for long but something tells me that you're a little on edge. I Can assure you that me and my teammates don't want anything to do with that group anymore. That's why we agreed to be friendly with Ivan and you guys." He said in a way that anyone would believe him. But I couldn't trust him, at least not yet.

"Sorry but just because you say you'll be friendly doesn't necessarily mean you'll be useful or actually cooperate. People like you usually stay the way they are forever." I turned my head away.

"Well you're definitely right about that but not all people are." He smiled at me "you'd be surprised on how useful we can be to you and your group, as long as you trust us that is."

He seemed so trustworthy...something about his voice seemed to suck me in like some kind of whirlpool. God I can't believe I'm remembering about him at a time like this...

I closed my eyes thinking about it some more and just nod to his statement. "Alright. I May or May not regret this but I'll make sure to keep my team safe if you guys act out."

What I was basically trying to get out of that was to warn him that if he even decided to betray us then I'd kill them even if it led to my own death.

Even though my mind was set on that there was still something lingering in me, that literal dream was gonna haunt me till the day I die, I thought.

"I appreciate you giving us a chance but it also seems like that's not the only thing on your mind." He looked over to me with a slight smirk but I shrugged it off "it's nothing. Plus it's almost morning so I'm gonna go plan what we do today."

He seemed like he was going to stop me and question me some more but I guess he had other plans.

After our little "talk" I went inside and started to make a blueprint of everything we saw in the town so far. Based on the descriptions from their observations these past few days while I was out I could infer that this town was long dead and we needed to find a new fort before those people came back to kill us again.