𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤

𝐂𝐚𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.

A smile plastered on his face, thinking
"How is she so kind?"

He marched to his room, entering his safe place. The painting room.

A room full of his beautiful paintings hanging up on the wall, secured by a frame. And many buckets of paint and spills around.

He looked at his most precious painting. The one he made unintentionally when she first came.

Flashback

𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐥 painting in a canvas. He spaced out most of the time, not realizing what his hands we're painting.

It was a girl with brunette hair and deep brown eyes sitting in a garden. She was surrounded by beautiful flowers.

Who could that be?

He realized that she was all he ever thought of. Every canvas he's painted was her. He repeated and repeated but there was no use.

He was slowly falling in love with the human girl.

"Faith has a strange way of games.."

End of flashback

"What have you done to me Eleanor?" he sighed.

He soon smiled at the painting, remembering the memories they've shared with each other.

He was soon snapped from his deep trance by a familiar voice clearing their throat, catching his attention.

He turned around, seeing the love of his dead life. Eleanor Swan.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." she said, earning a chuckle from the blond king.

"I'd rather not. I like it this way." he said, earning a huff from Eleanor.

She rolled her eyes and said, "We need to talk things out."

He hummed and led her to his office, he is sitting on his chair while Eleanor sits across from him.

"I'm listening." he said, breaking the silence.

Eleanor sighed and took a deep unnecessary breath.

"Did you ever loved me?"

Caius furrowed his brows in disbelief and said, "Of course I did, Mia cara."

"I want the truth Caius."

He rolled his eyes and said, "I am telling you the truth! If not, then why did i let you live from all those months? Why did I make Demetri guard you while you were in Washington? Why did I kiss you?"

Eleanor was quiet. Stunned would be the perfect word for her expression.

"You made.. Demetri stalk me? Why?" She asked, sternly.

"I don't trust those vegetarian coven." he answered, bluntly.

"You.. Are.. The most.."

"The most loving mate you'd ever have? I know." He said, proudly.

"Nope.. You're the most annoying prick I've ever met." She said, earning a glare from the offended blond.

"Your the shortest girl I've ever met." he said.

Eleanor faked a gasp and looked at him offended.

"I am not! At least I'm not like a giraffe!"she said back, getting into a game of giving each other playful insults and mockery.

They went from insults to mockery and mockery to pillow fights.

They laughed and laughed, not knowing there's 7 nosy vampires behind the door grinning like idiots.

The two mates still laughed, not taking any more care of the world or the 7 vampires behind the doors.

"I want to hate you still, but.." Eleanor sighed, "Shall we try again? Kai."

Caius smiled widely and said, "Of course."

2 known queens began squealing in excitement, earning the mates attention. Earning a irritated blond king glaring at them.

"You really have to ruin the moment." He mumbled.

...

Eleanor spent her day walking around the halls, once again exploring the castle.

She always stop at a certain door. Though she can't enter it. She can't open it since it weights like 100 of dumbells stacked on it.

But, a thought came to her mind. Since she's a vampire now, it means she'll have enhanced strength.

And the next thing she did completely twisted her mind. She didn't know if she would be excited or be guilty for trespassing.

She walks inside around the room, seeing beautiful new paintings. The room was dark and only faint light is shown by the candles lit.

It seems like she was in Caius' room.
She went inside every door she sees, until she stops at a messed up door.

It has red paint around, almost like blood. Is this his killing room or something?

She slowly went inside and froze into her place in awe.

There were many paintings around hanged by frames, protecting it.

She was captivated by a painting in the middle. It was her. In a garden, surrounded by beautiful flowers.

She walks forward to touch it, when the doors slammed open.

She jumped and turned around, startled. Seeing it was Caius who entered.

"I swear if I was still human, i would get a heart attack!" she shouted, hitting him in the arm.

"At least your not." he mumbled.

"I can hear you, you prick." she glared at him and soon turned back to the painting.

They were silent for a few minutes, not knowing what to say at this
situation.

"Did you paint this?" Eleanor asked, breaking the silence.

Caius nodded and kept backing out slowly, to avoid the awkward silent.

"It's.. Beautiful. Why did you paint it?"

He gulped and said, "I don't know. I was attracted to you that I didn't realize all I painted was you. Like my hands are moving on it's own."

It was silent, a comfortable silent. Eleanor smiled and put back the painting from where it was.

"I'm going back now.. Have a great day.. Kai."

She left the room, leaving Caius frozen and grinning like an idiot.

Hope can be given in many ways