20 : 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 observant

Can someone kill me?Please

Please.

At least that'll be better than attending this God-forsaken lecture.

" Dude.....How long is he going to ramble on? " Avi whined sitting beside me.

Luckily he shared classes with me this semester, so I had someone to share my mutual hate for this subject with.
We had made friends with other people too, but there's no breaking our gang, is there?

" I don't know man, I am in limbo right now. You could probably offer to kill me right this instant, and all I'll say is ' Thank you '."
I said while leaning my head at the back of my chair.

Avi chuckled, which caused the entire class to look at us.
Since the class was quieter than a cemetery at night, his chuckle reverberated in the entire auditorium.

The bald grumpy teacher was glaring at us from above his round gold glasses.

" You should probably sit properly, or he'll keep glaring at you. " I heard someone whisper from above me.

I inhaled that familiar fragrance of sweet sandalwood and rose.

I realized that I still probably looked like I was minutes away from dozing off, with my head fallen back on the table behind mine. Since our lecture hall had a ladder arrangement, the bench behind mine was on a higher level, therefore easier leaning.

I instantly sat straighter and glanced back.
It was her.
The red girl
I don't know her name since I didn't pay attention when she introduced herself to me last week.

She must have seen the confused frown on my face and understood that I'm trying to figure out her name because she whispered her name
" Kashish " and smiled an innocent smile.

I nodded my head in a thankful gesture and turned my head towards the professor.

Ever since that day a week ago, I've seen her a lot of times around the campus and in the lectures.
I'm not sure, but I guess she's in most of my classes.
Weird because I didn't ever see her before, or maybe I just didn't pay attention.

I and Avi murmured our apology to the professor because he was still glaring at us with his fists perched upon his hip. Then he started tapping his foot on the floor, like you do when you are waiting for someone to say something. It caused his belly to start jiggling like jelly.

I glanced at Avi with a tiny suppressed smile, trying to control my laughter, only to see he was looking at me with the same expression.
We snickered together but then played it off like a cough.

I heard a snicker from behind me, so I took a quick glance at her and saw her smiling at me.
I didn't pay any heed to that and we sobered up.

The professor huffed and was about to shout at us when the telltale ' class dismissed ' bell rang.
Now the entire class snickered and chuckled with us.