⋆ Chapter 8 ⋆

VIII. • °

For the past couple of weeks, I have been hanging with Nadia and the rest of the crew every day at lunch.

I felt like I was really starting to get to know them and I really have been enjoying being around them. But...when I was alone, I went back to my common feeling of dread that I kept to myself at all times.

Not only that... when I'm around, Silas isn't. I was starting to wonder why he just... hated me so much or couldn't be around me.

I mean I could understand the incident that happened and how heated it was but... I didn't feel like it was that serious to where we couldn't hang with the same people.

Even though he was a complete dick to me. I'm the one who should be upset still. Not him.

But I have to say that even though he was a dick, I was starting to feel bad honestly.  I mean these are his friends and were long before I came along and I don't want to be the reason they lose a friend.

Even if he was an asshole...it still wouldn't be right.

I didn't bring this up to anyone because I didn't want to make it more weird and make it a big deal when it probably wasn't. I mean I didn't know his situation or if he was dealing with anything personal.

But I was really getting tired of walking on eggshells.

But besides I had other things to be thinking about, like my dad. So before I went to school today I decided that I needed to have a talk with him, I felt like we hadn't had any conversations fully so I wanted to see where his headspace was.

I could imagine though, we were still struggling with bills so I decided that I would start staying a little later at work after school to make more money. I mean it had to be done.

When I opened my bedroom door I headed straight to my dad's room, surprisingly he wasn't there and it was six in the morning.

I walked in the living room and then I saw him sitting on the couch.

"Hey, Dad."

He looked up at me and smiled."Hey kiddo, how are you feeling this morning ?"

"Uhh...feeling a little flustered."  I paused. "Maybe a little tired but I'm alright. How about you?"

"I'm feeling..." He paused. "I'm actually feeling great."

I was surprised to hear that, I felt like it was going to be like one of those mornings when he was stress drinking and telling me not to worry about it, but something was different today.

"Really? Is there any reason?"

He looked up at me again letting off another smile."Go look at our bill statement."He gestured me away and I quickly went to my room to grab my phone and came back. I went to our bill statements and I was in utter shock by what I was seeing.

𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙡-$300 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙙.

𝙍𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝- $1,231 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙙.

𝙋𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙨- $200 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙯𝙚𝙧𝙤.

I stood there in silence, my breathing became shallow as my heartbeat increased. The palms of my hands I could feel were starting to become sweaty, and my anxiety was rising to full effect.