* Chapter 29 *

XXIX . • °

I slowly batted my eyes as I woke up. I felt the warmth of the shade that was peaking in from the side of the curtain burn into the side of my cheek. I gently reached my hand up to my cheek rubbing it and watched as the sun's beam intertwined in between my fingers. 

I slowly began to sit up in the bed and my heart didn't feel as heavy. I actually didn't feel anything at all, it didn't feel like my chest was weighing me down as it normally does when I wake up. It didn't feel like it hurt physically to take a breath as it normally did.

I didn't feel or feel the need to think about my problems or who or what. I enjoyed this moment, the now. The moment that I had just spent with Silas, the feeling that he made me feel last night that I had never felt before.

I looked over where he would be, in the chair that he slept in last night. The blanket that he used sat perfectly on the back of the chair, I knew he had gotten up before I did. I got out of bed feeling the coolness of the floor and leading myself over to the bathroom.

I turned on the faucet, making it cold before throwing it on my face. It was refreshing, and it felt that way, refreshing.

"Josie?" Silas says outside the bathroom door.

My heart fluttered hearing his voice, but it felt good to hear it. "Hey, Good morning I'm just washing my face."

"Oh alright, I left you a shirt and some sweatpants on the bed. I hope they fit you, if they don't I can take you back to Nadia's if you need any clothes."

"No it's fine, I know they will fit somewhat," I reassured turning off the faucet and drying my face with a hand towel. I stepped out of the bathroom and stood in front of him.

I tried to keep my eyes on his but it was hard, I immediately smelled his nice scent. The masculine but breathtaking scent he always had, he always smelled good. I trailed my eyes further down noticing his tank top, a black one. It hugged his body perfectly and I could see his nicely structured stomach as he breathed.

My eyes went further down noticing his bottoms, he had on joggers. They were fitted but baggy in the right areas. I saw as he placed his hands inside his pockets and-

"Josie?" He says immediately snapping me out of my thoughts. "Did you hear me?"

"Huh? I..."

"I asked you how did you sleep and if you were hungry?"

"Oh uhm, I slept better the second time," I say smiling a little. "Thank you for staying with me, and no I'm not hungry yet."

"I told you I would, I just woke up early and didn't want to wake you so I ran some errands."

"Are you not going to school today?" I ask him.

"Are you going to school today?" He asks.

"No, tomorrow, tomorrow I will."

He shrugs slowly."Then, tomorrow I will. Why would I leave you alone again if that's why I came to you yesterday?"

"Silas, I just don't want to be the reason any of you are missing school. I shouldn't have missed these many days but..."

"You have your reasons, it may seem to you that you're running away from your problems but you aren't. And I know that, and you should take as much time as you need. Plus you're the smartest person I know, it's nothing you can't pick back up on when you come back."

I smiled at his comment, "I'm not the smartest."

"You definitely are," He says soft and warm.

"Thank you."