xxxviii

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

"MERRY CHRISTMAS Miracle

"MERRY CHRISTMAS Miracle." Peace spoke as she stood over the sleeping baby's bassinet. "Thank you for popping up girl."

"Peace what is you doin' up?" Dayvon questioned tiredly as he stood behind her.

"I was just checking on her." Peace lied. She knew the baby was fine, for the past two weeks she would use that as an excuse to admire the baby.

"Girl I heard you check that damn monitor before you left out the room. Come on Peanut it's two o'clock in the morning." He spoke as he looked down at Miracle sleeping peacefully. "We gotta wake allem' up inna' few hours man, youn' want no sleep."

"I can't believe I had a baby." Peace spoke in awe as she stared at Miracle. "She's really mine."

"Ours." Dayvon spoke wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "When yo' six weeks up we goin' for another round."

"Boy please." Peace laughed. "She's so chunky."

"On god." Von laughed as he looked down at Miracle.

"I love that she's always calm. And she barely cries." Peace smiled as she wrapped her arm around Von's waist.

"Prolly' 'cause she been high as hell for nine months." Von laughed. "That's why she so big, she always got the munchies."

"Stop playing with her." Peace laughed as she laid her head on his shoulder. "I can't believe I'm having a baby shower on Christmas. That's so ghetto."

"Girl shut the hell up." Von spoke quietly. "C'mon let's get outta' here ma' for she wake up."

The two walked quietly hand and hand out of Miracle's nursery into the living room. The couple now resides in their new home that Von had purchased. It was supposed to be a surprise for Christmas, but Miracle came unexpectedly so he had to surprise her a bit early.

"They got so much shit bro." Von laughed as he looked at all of the kids presents under the tree.

"Yes, the toy room is going to be a mess." Peace laughed. "I hope their happy when they see all of this stuff."

"They better be." Von laughed. "It's crazy as hell cause a year ago I was shopping for two kids and one on the way, now I'm shopping for five kids."

"I really am thinking about suing the hospital." Peace spoke as she thought about the doctor telling her she was in active labor two weeks ago. "What if she wasn't ok? I had been smoking so much."

"I know P. That shit so sixty-third." He spoke shaking his head. "My shorty strong as hell though."

"Seriously." Peace spoke lowly. "She doesn't even look like me."

"My genes strong as hell. You can't tell." He laughed. All his children favored him more than their mothers.

"What time is it?"