Breakfast and School

He never came.

Dexton or any other of them for that matter never came to dinner yesterday.

She really waited for an hour at the dining table just for Dexton to come and give her the document without eating food because it would be rude for her if he hadn't eaten it.

Shaira sighed looking at her reflection in the mirror. She was ready for school but disappointed as she didn't get the paper and now, she had to wait for the whole two weeks for Dexton to come home.

She took Daniels's hoodie and wore it over. She has a weird obsession with hoodies. She would just put it out in the car when she reached the school. Till then it will protect her from the massive cold outside.

She reached the dining table and was shocked to see the eldest brother was there. Her eyes furrowed

"He didn't go."

But then she did not have courage to ask him about the trip or her papers especially in front of her other brothers. She silently sat on the farthest chair as usual, not disturbing their family time because they are damn busy otherwise. The main attraction of breakfast is taunting her. So, she silently took the bread toast and peanut butter and waited for all the taunts that would be coming any minute now.

1 toast down
.
2nd toast down
.

Why isn't anyone saying anything to her? Shaira eyes furrowed as she silently chewed her food.

She got startled as her phone rang. The caller ID showed Daniel. She had developed a habit of waking up early, but Daniel was still a cranky riser.

It was literally an hour left for her class to start but she tends to get early so she could get out of the eyes of Costella.

Before she could excuse herself to talk to him. Maximus interrupted her.

"Attend it on speaker."

"Excuse me?"

Shaira asked. Her eyes showed the dismay. It was rude to ask someone to intrude in their personal matters.

"Which word do you not understand? I want to see who is calling you."

Maximus said as he pointed a fork towards her.

Shaira always felt a sense of terror when Maximus raised his voice. Her hand trembled as she stumbled to put it on speaker.

She prayed that Daniel didn't say anything about them.

"Hey D-"

she did not even complete her greetings.

"SHAIRA ANGELINA VANEDESTINE! Did you by chance take my Manchester limited edition hoodie last time you came here." Everybody eyes snapped towards her. Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

"It was pretty D!" She countered.

"Yes, but It is only ten in the world Shaira. I bet you are wearing it right now. Don't spoil it please! "

Her head bend down in embarrassed. Indeed, she was wearing it. It was lime green and she loved the color.

"Do you think I spoil your clothes Daniel? " Shaira smirked as her eyes turned devil.

She loved teasing him and relish in satisfaction. At that time, she had forgotten that another people were listening to her too. Daniel can make her comfortable anytime anywhere.

"I don't mean that but you are unexpectedly clumsy. You knew that."

Daniel said quickly.

"Yeah, that's true but you really can't get another one?" Shaira said she was obsessed with this one. She looked puppy eyed towards her hoodie.