Simply Love

Shaira was tired. She had just come to know that one week workshop at Vanedestine had now further forged in contract employment with the permanent Collab with the sunflower cafe.

She was not surprised. Dexton would have done anything to ensure she was near him and under his surveillance everything. Today her shift ended early so she was going to Daniel's place. There had been an awful long time since she met them. Her hand clenched on the invitation envelope.

She was sure they would be happy for her obviously. She had specifically asked the family to come home early for her special announcement. She knew they would come for sure but she was afraid that she would ruin there family time. Mr. Michael Lawrence was a very busy man. Although him and his family loved her but Shaira could not help but feel that she was intruding their private space. No matter how much Lawrence's family said otherwise.

She fidget her fingers as soon as she reached the mansion. The guard smiled up at her and opened the gate. She returned the smile as she took slow yet fast paced steps towards the door.

As soon as she enter the mansion. She immediately went to the living area. The most common space where they love spending time.

"Shaira!"

Her face lit up as soon as she saw aunt Vanessa taking fast steps towards her and engulfing her in a hug.

"I was missing you so much."

"Me too. Aunt Vanessa." Shaira said as she bretabe in her calming scent. The scent which felt like home.

"Won't you give me a hug?" Diaz said as he round the couch and step towards the pair. Shaira giggled as if forgetting all her worries and gave him a bear hug.

"I missed you, Shacks"

Shaira cheek redden by getting so much attention as she mutely nodded her head in his chest. Luck was never on her side but she knew one thing for sure that the people she was with right now was surely the only thing she got to cherish.

"Is there anything serious kiddo?"

Michael Lawrence said. His eyes brimming with worry. Shaira head snapped towards him. She shook her head.

"No uncle. Actually I want to show you guys something."

"You are making us worry Shaira." Daniel said as he sat beside his father. Shiara sighed as he saw her best friend looking straight into her eyes.

"There is nothing to be worried about. I just got something which I want to give you. Aunt and Diaz can you please sit where uncle is sitting. I will just grab it from my bag."
Shaira said her eyes brimming with excitement. She swiftly opened the first chain of her bagpack and took out the pristine royal looking envelop.

She put it behing her bag and slowly walked towards the family sitting on the couch being Her uncle and aunt in centre.

"Please forward your hand."

Shaira said sheepishly as Michael looked at her wife confused. His eyes furrowed as his gaze went back on Shiara but he nonetheless did it.

Shaira swiftly put the envelope in his hand.

Michael eyes widen as read the content of the envelope.

"Oh.my. god."

Michael lookes wide eyed towards Shaira. He eyes teared as he dropped the envelope and stood up and hugged Shaira.

Shaira eyes also teared. Although her uncle was not the person who would show his feelings so clearly but she was happy. He hugged her.

There moment was broken as they other scream. She laughed seeing them so excited as they also took her in a group hug.