Chapter 10

"But how am I supposed to love you when I don't love who I am?"
-Dean Lewis

"Why did you leave me?" I ask feeling a new wave of tears brimming in my eyes.

I don't give them a chance to reply before I continue. "Why did you put me in that orphanage? You claim that you love me but where were you when I needed you? When I was growing up and I had no-one. That's not love."

"You were in an orphanage this whole time?" Ares asks shocked.

"Yeah, don't act like you didn't know, you-" I'm about to start shouting when Atlas interrupts me.

"We didn't. I swear to God that we didn't know Athena." He says while looking straight into my eyes. He sounds honest and sincere, I want to believe him.

"But you put me there?" I state although it sounds more like a question.

"No, Athena. We would never do that. We were devastated when you were taken. You're family, you think we would give you up just like that?" Atlas asks and I can't help but believe him.

I don't know if it is because we're twins or not, but I feel connected with Atlas. I trust him with my life even though I barely know him. I know that he would never hurt me.

"I don't know" I whisper. "I-I didn't want to believe it at first b-but the people at the orphanage kept reminding me about how my family left me and I guess eventually I started to think it was the truth."

Am I being stupid for trusting them so quickly? Probably. But can I help it? No, no I can't. It's just the way they talk to me, I can feel their honestly. Actually Atlas' and Matteo's. Ares doesn't really participate and he seems lost in thought. Even King looks more interested than my own brother.

"Athena you were kidnapped. Someone took you. You don't remember it?"Matteo speaks softly and slowly.

I shake my head no." I don't really remember a lot of things from my life before the orphanage. Sorry. "I apologize in a small voice. Are they gonna be mad at me for not rembering them.

"No, don't apologize sweetheart, it's not your fault" Matteo reassures me with a smile.

"Wait, so if you don't remember us how do you know we are your family?" Ares asks suspiciously.

"Ares" Atlas warns.

"No, Atlas. It has happened before. You can't just believe any ramdom girl that knocks on our door and claims to be our sister. She could be just another little whore that wants our money and our fame" Ares raises his voice while glaring at me.

I can feel Atlas tightening his hold on me while clenching and unclenching his fists. "Are you serious right now? Can't you see the ressemblance? She is practically a female me. And if that's not enough proof then let me remind you that she did not randomly knock on our door, she was taken once again and she was tortured for our sake. SO WATCH YOUR FUCKING TONE WHEN YOU SPEAK ABOUT MY SISTER!"

Ares closes his mouth and presses his lips in a tight line while clenching his jaw. He seems angry that Atlas shouted at him but he cannot say anything because he knows that he's right.

I can't help but feel a little hurt that my brother thinks so low of me. But then again, I can't just make them like me. That's entirely their choice.