chapter 2

For the rest of the day the mewar royal family, relaxed and adjusted to the new surrounding.

The next day,Adhira was all giddy why wouldn't she be? She was going to get her revenge on prince Pratap for destroying all her efforts the day before, she had everything planned , all she was waiting was for the results . As if on cue she passed a corridor with dasis silently giggling. Though she already knew what they were giggling about but still for self satisfaction she asked one of them "what are you all giggling about? "

To which a dasi answered " Kunwar Pratap sir se piar tak peele ho rakhe hai, maano jaise haldi mei nahai ho paani mei nahi (Kunwar Pratap's skin is pale yellow from head to toe as if he took bath in turmeric and not in water! )"

Only if the dasi knew , he did actually take bath in turmeric not water. Adhira put lots of haldi and colour in kunwar pratap's bathtub and then added lots of rose petals to the tub so that the yellow colour of the water is not visible easily, and till the time he would notice it would be too late, thought Adhira smirking.

Pratap was furious would be an understatement , he knew what happened with him was no "accident " as his ranima termed it to be, he for sure knew that it was all planned and successfully executed by the brat princess Adhira . He was impressed that a little girl was able to outsmart him, but more than impressed he was angry. He wanted revenge and he very well knew how to get one . Eklingji save Adhira from him.

Adhira had a very amazing day so far, first she got her revenge on the thief prince Pratap, second her dadabhai ratan finally allowed her to use a real sword rather than her wooden one, granted it was way smaller than the one her bhaisa Or babasa weild she was still delighted, third her maasa made her favorite rabdi . Right now she was on her way to the mandir with a thaal of red colored powder for puja.

Kunwar Pratap was passing through the corridor when he saw the little princess carrying a plate too big for her to carry filled with red coloured powder , he knew it was the best time to get his revenge.

Adhira was fully focused on carrying the large plate of colour hence she did not notice Kunwar Pratap coming in her way , and he bumped into her resulting in all the red powder falling on Adhira. And now Adhira was covered in red just like Kunwar Pratap was colored in yellow.

" Aapne ye jaan much ke kiya haina!(You did this on purpose didn't you!) " Exclaimed Adhira angrily.

"aap humpe aise aarop kaise laga sakti hai Adhira! Ye sab galti se hua hai (Why would you accuse me of such crimes Adhira! It was an 'accident') Replied Pratap dramatically, in inside he was smug about his achievement.

" Aap asatya kehe rahe hai! Aapne ye jaanmuch ke kiya taki aap humse aapko peela rangene ka badla le sake ( You're lying! You did this purposely, so that you get your revenge on me of turning you from Kunwar Pratap to Yellow Pratap) " Huffed Adhira to which kunvar Pratap smirked.

" To humeri iss halat ki zimmedaar aap hai said kunvar Pratap pretending to not know the truth earlier To thik hai , subah aapne humko peela ranga shaam mei humne aapko lal hisab barabar (So you're responsible for my condition....... Okay then , at morning you colored me yellow and in evening I colored you red, fair deal) " Oh how much Kunwar Pratap loved watching her angry little red face while saying this!

Call it coincidence or luck but maharani Jaivantabai and maharani Sadhana hear and saw everything.

" Aapne suna Jaivantabai, subah Pratap haldi mei bhighe aur shaam ko Adhira sindoor mei. Ye Eklingji ka ishara nahi to aur kya hai!? ( Did you see Jaivantabai, Pratap took bath in turmeric this morning and Adhira in Vermillion this evening. If this isn't a sign from God (Eklingji) then what is this!? ) " Said sadhana her voice full of emotions.

Rani Jaivantabai was also thinking the same. But she knew Adhira was too small to get married, but that doesn't mean she can't get
betrothed . She just had to wait for the right time and occasion to stir discussion on this topic. She had preparations to do.

Meanwhile Adhira was angry again, but her anger was short lived because she got a letter from her best friend saying that he was coming to jaisalmer for her birthday. She knew with him in the palace Pratap would never be able to outsmart her again!

Who do you think is her best friend?

Please to like comment and share!