Chapter 3

Pratap was doing his morning workout when he saw Adhira running towards the main door holding a aarti ki thali . She was wearing simple clothes, had her hair open and was wearing barely any jewellery. He was shocked because from what he had observed was that the princess loved dressing up. Then he saw maids (daasis) hurriedly following her holding large plates containing different sweets different beverages and ittars(perfumes) . Being curious he stopped a daasi and asked "ye aap sab yu jaldi mei kaha bhaagi chali jaa rahi hai ?(where are you all going in such hurry?)" Not directly asking about Adhira.

"Baisa ke sabse priya mitra aa rahe hai, unike swagat ki taiyaareya ho rahi hai(princess's best friend is coming, we are all preparing for his arrival) " Replied the maid hurriedly and ran away. And now Pratap understood all this fuss was about the brat princess and her brat of a friend . And suddenly Pratap was more interested in following those daasis to wherever they were going rather than doing his morning workout.

Adhira was on the top of the world! Her best friend was coming today! She woke up . She hurriedly got ready. She had work to do. First she personally got a room decorated for him. Then she got the daasis make his favourite sweets and beverages. Then she got the daasis collect flowers and perfumes while she personally decorated a fruit bowl to keep in his room. While this was no new sight for Maharani Sadhana ; this sight was surely intriguing for Maharani Jaivantabaiji. While rani Sadhna saw Adhira's love and affection for her friend, rani Jaivantabai saw her perfect time management , just like a perfect future queen. Afterall it's not everyday you see a 6 year old ordering around and getting all the work done soo effortlessly . Could the princess impress her any less! She offered help to which rani Sadhna intervened " Rehene dijiye jija vo kisi ki madad nahi legi, pehele baar saari taiyaari karne ki zimmedaaree li hai usne ,hume bhi sahayta karne nahi deti . Keheti hai 'maasa bharosa rakhiye humpe, hum sab sambhal lenge '.(leave it she won't take your help , for the first time she has taken the responsibility of getting everything ready, she won't even let me help her. She said ' trust me mom I'll handle everything perfectly ') "and laughed softly.

Adhira was checking last minute preparations when she heard loud banging of the drums indicating his arrival. She ran towards the door and shouted " Kunvar .....

Shakti! "
Hearing her shouted kunvar shakti gave her a big smile.
Kunvar Shakti was barely a year or two older than Adhira. Their mothers Sadhana and Sajjabai were childhood best friends, and wanted their children to have a bond just as strong as they had, resulting in Shakti and Adhira spending most of their childhood together. From sharing the same crib when they were babies to not talking to each other for weeks because of silly fights , they had experienced it all. The friendship they shared would never be forgotten, neither by them nor by  history. They knew each other's every little secret. The pure bond like they had was something people could only dream of in an era full of lies ,conspiracies and backstabbing.

Adhira performed his aarti and welcomed him inside, not before giving him a bone crushing hug. She was about to start rambling about everything when she heard someone say " Humara swagat nahi karengi Adhira?  (Won't you welcome me Adhira?)" She turned only to see her best friend and sister Phool Kanwar. She immediately ran to phool and gave her a big hug. Forgetting about poor  Kunwar Shakti, they started talking to each other about God knows what. Poor Shakti, oh how he hates when they forget about him.

Phool Kanwar was daughter of Adhira's  maternal uncle making them sisters . Adhira's mother was the only princess of Marwar before her marriage. Sadhana was known for her elegance and beauty just like Adhira is now known for . Marwar being a very strong kingdom was cherry on the top, Princes and Kings all over the Rajputana wanted her hand in marriage so Adhira's nanasa (maternal grandfather) kept a Swayamwar for her where she chose to marry king Maldev out of love. Phool and Adhira are the smallest of all their siblings, being the only girls made everyone pamper them even more. Adhira absolutely loves her maternal family , to the world they may seem cruel and evil but for Adhira  they are just her family. While Phool and Adhira absolutely love each other there's always a little bit of  silent competition between them, be it for looks or skill.  But at the end of the day they were sister, and blood comes above it all.

Adhira was esthetic, not one but two of ther best friends were here! She could not be more happy. She was sure that this birthday was going to be a memorable one.