82-84

Chapter 82: One Step Away From Getting Married

Tang Ziqing sent them off himself.

Gu Tinglan stood in front of his car. He ignored the invasive gaze at him and smiled at Ning LI and Yu Pingchuan. “Well, I hope to see you two in Gangcheng next year.”

Yu Pingchuan was overjoyed while Ning Li simply nodded.

The car then finally sped off.

“I didn’t know Dr. Gu was this hospitable,” Lu Huaiyu said nonchalantly as he averted his gaze. He enunciated ‘Dr. Gu’ heavily, as if he was reminding someone of the man’s title.

Gu Tinglan might have come from a renowned family, but he had always kept a low profile. He spent his recent years in physiological research and barely had any connection in his family’s business.

Thus, many people did not know he was the young master of the Gu family.

Gu Tinglan smiled without being overly concerned. “Since it’s still a family business, I give it my due attention when I have to.”

Lu Huaiyu scoffed.

The Gu family was extremely influential in Gangcheng. The horse races they held every year were considered phenomenal, and they were no short of visitors like Ning Li and Yu Pingchuan.

Moreover, the horse races were only considered a tiny portion of the Gu family’s business.

Gu Tinglan’s invitation was actually redundant.

“If you are interested, I’m more than happy to see you there. After all, the name Lu Huaiyu is quite influential in Gangcheng as well,” Gu Tinglan said as he looked at Lu Huaiyu.

It was the truth. After all, Lu Huaiyu had won the bid for his watch that cost 13 million in Gangcheng.

He came with a fist of gold, and his family was powerful and wealthy. On top of that, his cold and arrogant attitude, coupled with his unrivaled looks, made him an exquisite flower beyond anyone’s reach. Countless women in Gangcheng would jump on him if they had the chance to.

Lu Huaiyu looked at Gu Tinglan.

Speaking from his own heart, Gu Tinglan looked decent and kind. He was a humble gentleman while his temperament would easily win people’s fondness, but that was all just surface level. No one could say for sure what he was like deep down.

At least, based on what Lu Huaiyu knew, Gu Tinglan was not as harmless as people perceived.

“If I remember correctly, Dr. Gu, you’re 30 this year and still haven’t gotten married. Isn’t Old Master Gu worried?”

Gu Tinglan smiled warmly. “I have a few brothers at home. Even if my elders want the younger generation to get married, I won’t be the first in line. Thank you for your concern, Second Master Lu.”

“You’re welcome. I’m just thinking that 30 years old isn’t young anymore, and waiting it out doesn’t sound like a good idea.”

“Yes, it is. I remember Ning Li is just 17 this year, am I right? According to the law, one is considered an adult at 18. I really shouldn’t compare,” Gu Tinglan sounded rather sentimental as he spoke.

Lu Huaiyu squinted his eyes and scoffed. “Hmm, 18 is considered an adult, and 20 is the legal age of getting married. If you look at it this way, it’s not really that far away.”

Speechless, Gu Tinglan looked at Lu Huaiyu and pondered upon the words. It seemed like the man was trying to find something out from his words.

“Second Master, are you being serious right now?”