433-435

Chapter 433: This Time, It’s My Turn to Leave First

Su Yuan was stunned. It took her quite a while to react.

“What did you say?”

Suddenly, a car drove over from outside.

Su Yuan subconsciously looked outside and realized that it was a court car.

A few staff members in uniforms got out of the car one by one and walked over.

Su Yuan instantly panicked.

The corners of Ning Li’s lips curled up.

“It looks like it’s faster than I expected.”

The crimes that Ye Ming was suspected of did not just involve bribery, but also money laundering, illegal business operations, and so on.

All the assets under his name would be frozen and seized.

Of course, that included this expensive villa.

Su Yuan finally realized what was going on. Her legs went weak and she collapsed on the sofa.

Ning Li’s gaze shifted back to her, as if she was recalling something.

After a moment, she said calmly, “When you left that day, it was midnight and you didn’t say goodbye to me. So I kept thinking that since you didn’t say goodbye to me, did that mean that you would still come back?

“I thought that as long as I waited a little longer, I would definitely be able to wait until the day that happened.”

Su Yuan froze.

Every word that came out of Ning Li’s mouth was extremely clear. When they landed in her ears, they were like fine thorns that pierced into her heart, making it difficult for her to break free.

Suddenly, she did not dare to look at Ning Li now.

Ning Li smiled.

“It was only after a long time that I realized how foolish and naive that thought was.”

It had been so long that all her hot blood had gradually turned cold.

It had been long enough for her to pay the price of this life.

“It took me a long time to understand that in this world, there are indeed some parents and children who do not have such a deep bond. Between you and me, this bond probably doesn’t exist.”

Ning Li said softly, “No matter what, you have been my mother for seven years. So this time, I feel that I still have to formally say goodbye to you. However, this time, it’s my turn to leave first.

“You have the freedom of choice to choose what kind of life you. You also have the freedom to choose who you want to give your love to.”

“My only freedom is not to be abandoned by you a second time.”

Su Yuan’s tears suddenly flowed uncontrollably.

She covered her face, but the tears still flowed out from between her fingers.

Ning Li’s expression was indifferent, as if she was looking at an unimportant painting.

She did not know how much of her mother’s tears were because she was afraid of losing the luxurious life of being Madame Ye, and how much of it was because of her.

However, to her, that was no longer important.

She said calmly, “I’ll legally be considered an adult next month. So this month, I’ll move out and I won’t disturb you anymore.”