Chapter 4

🍑

Has she recognized herself in the photograph? 'Wag naman sana. Please lang.

"She's my... friend." I attempted to stifle a giggle, but the anxiety bubbling inside me got the best of me, and I ended up emitting a nervous laugh instead.

"The photo looks familiar." She said it in a low voice, but I couldn't hear the next few words properly.

Familiar talaga, ikaw kaya 'to.

"Did you say anything?" Upon discovering that photo, I can't help but ponder what her response will be. Will she be shocked or disappointed? The thought of it weighs heavily on my mind.

She gently moves her head from side to side, her lips curling into a warm smile, expressing her amusement or affection? I don't know. "Nothing, I just... remember something." 

"Thank you for keeping my phone safe, Miss Fuentes." I really need to get out of here. Baka ilaglag ako ng bibig ko, mahirap na.

Ang daldal pa naman nito.

My hand's already on the door, pushing it open with a slow creak. When she interrupts my movement with her voice, I stop abruptly, frozen in place with one hand still on the door handle, and I turn to face her. "Did you move your meetings?"

"Yes?" Given the amount of time it takes to travel and my desire to have some quality time alone with her, I had to make changes to my scheduled meetings.

Let's just say, alam kong magtatanong siya about sa akin. As Rayni laid her eyes on Hannah I noticed the intense curiosity that seemed to emanate from her eyes.

"Have a seat. I want to talk to you." She stood up and gestured toward her couch with a delicate movement of her hand, and I swear I saw her lightly biting her lower lip, a motion that was both slick and alluring. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of her before she headed to the couch.

What? Why? Shet, I'm nervous, baka halikan na ako ni crush!

"Yeah, sure." I tried not to make my voice shaky.

I sink into the couch, feeling its comforting embrace as I settle in. I gaze across at Rayni who's seated facing me. Legs are gracefully crossed, showcasing her slender limbs. And she exudes an aura of effortless poise and unmatched elegance, leaving an indelible impression on anyone who beholds her.

"How long have you been friends with Remi?"

Huh? Why naman si Remi ang first topic? 😒 E'di sana siya na lang 'yung pinabalik niya dito.

"Uhh. When I was twelve? I think."

"How?" Is she interested in Remi?

"Her parents volunteered at the orphanage where I was staying." I tried not to sound irked. I don't want to be a kontrabida here.

Okay lang naman kung gusto niya si Remi, mas friendly 'yon kesa sa 'kin. Plus that girl got the face and body.

"Is she a good friend?"

"Are you interested in her?" I locked my gaze onto her deep brown eyes, feeling a mix of frustration and irritation bubbling up inside me.

"Not her. But you." Her direct statement caused a sudden glitch in my system.

Oy, dahan-dahan naman po. Sige, hindi na pala ako naiinis.

Masyado palang straight forward 'to. Hindi ako na-inform.

"I believe it's best for me to leave right now. I'm concerned about your secretary's safety and think she may be in danger." And I am, as well. As much as I desire to remain in this place,  I'm forced to leave as Hannah's behavior tends to become erratic when she's amidst a multitude of girls.