Chapter 6

🍑

"What are you eating?" I felt a sudden jolt of surprise as she leaned in closer, her nose almost touching my tightly shut lips. With a deep inhale, her eyes searched mine for some kind of reaction.

You? I mean... gusto kitang... argh! The fuck.

"Roast chicken and... lasagna," I whispered, trying not to let out any air so she wouldn't smell the pusit.

Don't be obvious, Blaine! Kalmahan mo lang, you're not affected. Chill.

Her soft thumb grazes against my lower lip. Without hesitation, she lifts her thumb to her lips and sucks on it, savoring the taste of my lip.

The heck do you expect me to calm down? My heart is beating fast it may jump out of my body! My knees are also trembling with her bone-piercing gaze.

Crush naman, ang bilis mo naman yata. 

"Hmm... taste good." A mischievous grin spread across her face as she locked her gaze on my lips as if trying to convey a hidden message.

I honestly feel a bit scared. It's like she's a predator, ready to pounce on her prey. Yet, despite my unease, I can't help but wonder what her lips would feel like on mine.

Pero no! Pull yourself together, Blaine! "Do you— do you want... to... eat?" Changing the conversation, para layuan niya na ako.

This Rayni effect, really. It's frustrating because I've never had this problem before. This is embarrassing.

"Can I?" She said and trapped my chin in her fingers.

Wait lang, I'm not prepared!

Takte, paano ba ako hihinga ng hindi niya maaamoy 'yung pusit sa bibig ko?!

"I... I... uh." Hans, where the freaking heck are you?! Please, save this gorgeous chick before I use my self-defense thingy. "Let's get another... plate?" I nervously chuckled, plus I was saving her from myself.

Her lips curve into a gentle smile, illuminating her face. Her delicate hand glides from my chin to my arm, grasping it with a gentle touch that exudes warmth and tenderness."Let's just share." She tilted her head while staring at me and eventually narrowed her eyes. "Are you okay? Your face is red as a tomato."

Of course, I'm not okay! If your forever crush did this to you, I don't think your heart will be calm.

Tsaka, hello? Nagtanong ka pa. Sa'yo ko kaya gawin 'yang ginagawa mo?

"Blaine?" She lifted my chin, causing our eyes to lock in a tender gaze. My gosh, her eyes are... shining... shimmering splendid. Wait, what?

Damn, hindi ako makapagisip ng maayos.

"Yes?"

"You look great... tonight," she complimented with a smile and a wink, which left me feeling quite flattered.

How she conducts herself suggests that she has much experience in this realm. I'm curious if this is just how she interacts with other women or if there's something different about me that's drawing her in.

As far as I know, she's not with anyone right now. She hasn't had a fling for a few months.

I'm not a stalker, ha. Sadyang wala lang lumalabas na new item about her.

"Can I kiss you, Blaine?"

Wait! Hold on! Sandali! I'm not ready for this... yet.

"I... don't think.. we.. should." I cleared my throat. "We just... met.. this morning." I truly don't wish to be identified as an easy target.