Chapter 5

🦪

"Dating news?!" Just because she came here twice? That's the reason? What the fuck are these paparazzi doing?!

My mind is racing with worry. The thought of how this news might have affected Blaine's company is making me insane. What if this has negatively impacted their business operations, employees, or reputation?

"Bless, come here. Now."

Blessie's arrival at my office was swift and sudden, like a lightning bolt. It was as if she sensed my voice's urgency when I spoke to her through the intercom.

"Should I remove this ' dating news' and make these paparazzi's lives a living hell?" I gritted my teeth as my eyes were fixated on the bright computer screen, and I felt a surge of anger course through my veins. The article displayed in front of me was about my personal life, and it left me fuming with rage.

"Since when did you, of all people, start caring about 'articles'?" she asked, her tone indicating that she was surprised and curious about the sudden interest."

"But I'm worried about the potential consequences of such rumors. You know my public image and I don't want any negative repercussions to impact Blaine. What if she suffers beca—"

"Hold your thoughts." She raised her palm toward me and used a calm yet firm gesture to indicate that she wanted me to stop talking. "I find it unexpected that you haven't tried to look up any gossip, hearsay, or negative information about Blaine despite it being a common practice in such situations." Her unmistakable expression of boredom was etched onto her face.

How can she look at me like that? This is an urgent matter that requires immediate attention!

"Uh. What kind of 'rumors'?" Nagtanong pa ako. Halos lahat naman ng mga business moguls merong speculations. 

"Would you like me to assist you in browsing the internet? If you need any assistance, I can guide you through typing. Also, if you're unfamiliar with using the mouse, I can give you a quick tutorial."

"Bless! I'm serious here." I glared at her.

"Rayni, you share a similar reputation regarding rumors and scandals. Both of you have been accused of being heavy drinkers, party animals, lacking proper etiquette and manners, and so much more."

"What?!" I shouldn't be surprised about that. Remember, she looks like a spoiled, selfish, bitch brat.

Sorry about that word again.

Pero once she breaks into a smile, a celestial transformation takes place, and she looks like a divine being - a true angel.

Alcoholic and party animal doesn't suit her. Maybe because of the way she dressed? Nakita ko kasi 'yung images sa Google, her get up fits the regular bar customer aura. 'Yung parang lahat ng bar napuntahan na niya, gano'n.

Ang judgemental ko, takte.

"With a decade of experience in this industry under her belt, there's no doubt that she's more than capable of easily handling those articles."

"But—"

"Do you want to talk to her?"

"Uhh. No, no. I mean yes? No?" I want to talk to her but I don't think fate is on our side. Kung kailan magkikita kami bukas tsaka naman 'to lumabas. Peste.

"Uh-huh. Someone's concerned." She raised her eyebrow and smirked in a second. "It's a good idea to call her once we get home. She's likely occupied with her work, which is in contrast to the CEO I'm familiar with." Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay nang tingnan ko siya, aba. Ang lakas ng loob, a.