seven, i really hope he does

I REALLY HOPE HE DOES

a few weeks later !

real life !

"why do you have to leave so soon?" nick whined from his friends desk chair.

natalia stood by her bed, folding clothes and putting them in her suitcase. "i'm a busy woman." she shrugged. "plus, i think maya would kill me if i delayed my flight any longer. she's itching to see me again. i'm a desired woman, too." she nodded.

"when do i get to meet this maya that i hear so much about?"

"i don't know. i feel like y'alls schedule never works with hers. like when you guys are busy, she's free and vice versa. it's fucking crazy." natalia couldn't help but think about matt and him thinking their schedules would never work.

she thought an hours worth of thoughts in a few seconds before speaking again. "do you think matt will say bye before i leave?" she asked.

"to be honest, i'm not sure." nick pursed his lips.

"i mean he broke up with me, so he obviously doesn't have to and i don't blame him if he doesn't but is it bad that i really hope he does?"

"nat. you guys broke up less than a month ago. it's normal to have hope about things like this. it'll go away eventually." nick reasoned. the boy hadn't been in many relationships, but he watched enough romcoms to have some insight on the topic.

"what if it doesn't?"

"i don't know, nat. enough about my idiot brother! what are we gonna do when i go to la?" nick changed the subject, getting up from the chair.

"there's so many options but not enough time to do everything." natalia frowned.

"well, hopefully i can finally meet maya when i'm there," nick smiled.

"she really wants to meet you too, she's watched some of your guys' videos and she thinks you're really funny," natalia nodded. "let's hope our schedules align cause one of the only reasons me and maya can hangout a lot is because we literally live together." natalia pursed her lips.

── short time skip ──

natalia had been borrowing her mother's car throughout the trip so it was her mom who had to drop her off at the airport. but of course they had to drop nick off at home first.

as her mom put her car in park in the driveway, the two teens got out of the car.

as they walked up to the front door a million thoughts ran through natalia's head at once. she had thought so much about whether or not matt was gonna say goodbye to her, but never once did she think about what she would say if he did.