forty, what do you even say to that

WhAT DO YOU EVEN SAY TO THAT

real life !

when the text notification from matt had appeared at the top of her screen she had instinctively clicked on it. now she wishes she hadn't.

she had picked her phone back up, tried to type a response, got frustrated, and threw her phone back down on her bed, countless times.

it shouldn't be this hard. it's a simple hey, hi, what's up. why was she so stuck?

natalia wished she could be nonchalant. i mean, it was just a kiss. it doesn't have to mean anything.

but it did.

it really fucking did.

nat didn't know if matt felt the same way, but that kiss had made nat lose her mind. at least for the past few hours.

even before matt had texted her, she was in her head, overthinking as usual. 

his text had sent her into a spiral though. which had caused her to pace back and forth in her room. 

"hey"

what the fuck.

it seemed so casual. too casual. it made natalia freak out. second guess herself. 

what if he didn't feel the same way she did? what if he just got caught up in the moment? what if he was just being nice and felt bad for her?

nat missed matt, so much. and after thinking about it so much recently, natalia knew that she would take matt back in a heartbeat. all he had to do was ask.

but from his text, she thought he never would. 

"hey"

so bland. so nonchalant. 

fucking ridiculous.

after he came to take care of her when she was sick. after he spent hours watching scary movies with nat, movies that the girl knew he had no real interest in, instead of hanging out with his friends and brothers. after he kissed her. twice.

"hey" was all she got.

not even a 'how are you?', an 'are you feeling better?', a 'will you be my gf pretty please?'

"hey"???

what do you even say to that?

natalia surely had no fucking clue.

as a last resort, natalia went to matteo for advice. she knew he's be more rational and serious than maya. though both were at the bottom of her list for advice.

"TEO CAN YOU COME HERE FOR A SECOND?" natalia shouted.

matteo showed up at the girls door a few seconds later. he walked in on her pacing.

"yo, calm down. i can literally see marks on the floor from you walking back and forth."

"shut up, i'm actually so stressed right now." nat said.

matteo could sense how serious natalia was being so he sat down on her bed and looked at her expectingly.

"okay so, you know how me and matt kissed?"

"ew, yes," matteo nodded his head.

"so, he just texted me hey. and i don't know who to respond."

matteo scratched the back of his head, "um i don't know maybe say hi?"

"no you don't get it, i can't."

"what do you mean you can't?" matteo narrowed his eyes.

"i just can't."

"girls are so confusing." matteo shook his head.

"shut up."

"sorry. i just don't get why you can't just say hi."

natalia ran her hands through her hair. "because then he's gonna say something and i'm not ready for that. and he's being too casual like what if he says that it was a mistake?"

matteo sighed. "you're a fucking idiot." he got up from the girl's bed and started to leave her room. "i can't help you."

"no please, i need help!" 

but the door was already closed and she was alone with her own thoughts again. 

📦 dev's words !
nat is so me because how do
you respond to hey???