Chapter 8

♡ Noor ♡

Once again I am coming out of my room with a beautiful smile adorning my face. Makeup hiding the purple bruises. Masking all my pain which was caused by my very own husband.

Entering the kitchen I saw Ammi and Badi Ammi preparing breakfast. Giving them my Salam I indulged in cutting the vegetables.

I simply wanted to distract myself from the pain. Pain in my heart. My heart was wounded and it was bleeding and....

"Noor!!" I came back into my senses when Ayaan Bhaijaan called me. And just then did I realize that my finger was actually bleeding.

He came rushing towards me and put my hand in a jug of water. And now Ammi and Badi Ammi were also fussing over that small cut.

"Can't you take care of yourself ? Still being careless like a child. When will you grow up? hn?" And he kept going on and on about me being responsible.

My eyes stings with unshed tears. Not because Bhaijaan is scolding me but because of my unfortunate being. From being the Princess of this family I demoted to become a mere servant who is for everyone's needs in her in-law's house.

"Noor? Ya Allah! Hey what happened?" Bhaijaan became concerned because of my tears and made me look into his eyes cupping my cheeks.

Ammi and Badi Ammi were tensed as well and trying to coax me into telling them about my worries while stroking my hair lovingly.

"Noor I am sorry if you are hurt because of my scolding." Oh Bhaijaan! How could you be so gentle.

And there I completely broke down wrapping my hands around his torso and resting my head on his chest. Uncontrollable sobs left my lips.

"I...I miss you all there. I miss you all a lot." I said between my sobs. I was crying after almost two years in front of my family, letting all my guards down.

"Noor." And there I froze. A shiver ran down my spine because of fear and I left my hold on Bhaijaan in an instant. Wiping my tears I looked in the direction where that bone chilling voice came from. And regretted it, because the look in her eyes told me that I'm not going to like the consequences.

"Phupho."

But what I didn't knew was that I'm destined to endure many more consequences whether I like it or not.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Ae zindagi gale laga le
Hum ne bhi tere har ik gam ko
Gale se lagaya hai
Hai na
Ae zindagi gale laga le

~ ~ • ~ ~