Chapter 18

♤ Ayaan ♤

To know that Noor. My Noor. Faced so many difficulties, so many torturous days in that household and I wasn't even able to know that.

I say that I love Noor but what kind of love it is which couldn't even decipher its lovers pain.

I wanted to roast Hadi on a grill for hours. I wanted to make sure that he pays for each and every abuse he caused on Noor.

"What kind of parents we are who couldn't even see their own childs suffering." Chachi, Noor's mother said crying uncontrollably in my mother's arms.

"I'm sorry Faiz. It's because of my promise Noor had to suffer so much." Abbu said with a remorseful look. His eyes pleading with Chachu.

For first time in my life I felt that my father could be wrong. That he made a mistake. A mistake which costed Noor her happiness.

"No Bhaijaan. Even we are responsible for all the pain Noor had to undergo. We put so much trust on our children that they are forced to accept our decision in order to make us feel happy. We emotionally blackmail them unintentionally. We put the load of our expectations on their shoulders and that crushes them."

And it was exactly what happened with Noor. She didn't wanted to disappoint us and went along with everything. She ignored her own happiness putting forward her families desires. She accepted being treated so badly because she cannot hurt our feelings.

Oh Noor! Why didn't you come to me.

I left from the hall for my room but then thought about checking up on Noor.

She was in her room with Aleema. When I went near her room's door, I could hear her talking to Aleema in a defeated tone.

"It was my own fault for not being courageous enough. I should have taken a stand for my own self. I failed. I failed my own self."

I couldn't sit well with her these thoughts. I wanted to make her realize that she wasn't at fault and with this intention I knocked on her door.

Aleema came out opening the door. I could see Noor trying to hide her tears. Understanding the situation Aleema left us alone to get some food for Noor.

I went inside and sat on bed near Noor. And then with a firm yet soft voice I started to clean all the rubbish thoughts out of her mind.

"I know Noor that you are really vulnerable right now but don't ever doubt your own self. It was never your fault. You weren't a coward. In fact you are the most courageous one to defeat your own weaknesses and rise up to confront your own shortcomings. It doesn't matters when you stood up for yourself. What matters is that you did. You fought for your own self and won."

~ ~ • ~ ~

Main jaan ye vaar doon
Har jeet bhi haar doon
Keemat ho koi tujhe beinteha pyaar doon

~ ~ • ~ ~