CHAPTER 29

Jayden's POV

The gate automatically opens and Jude drives into the mansion. The moment he parks the car in the driveway, I climb down and take long strides towards the house.

I have been calling Isabella's phone since noon to inform her about tonight's family dinner that we have invited to but she isn't picking up.

I was a bit worried, thinking she left the house because of how I scolded her this morning but after a while, I wave it off.

I am not to be blamed. She was overstepping her boundary and crossing the line that we are supposed to set for ourselves.

She was also supposed to go shopping with Anna but I saw Anna in the office during lunch break. When I questioned Anna about why she hadn't gone to meet my wife at home so they could do shopping, Anna told me my mother canceled the appointment.

I was surprised. 

I should have known that my mother would take her suggestions about accompanying Isabella to go shopping, seriously. After hearing that, I guessed Isabella must have left her phone at home.

"Good evening, boss", the butler greets with a curt nod. 

"Good evening", I replied without stopping. When I remember that I ordered a new bed for Isabella to be put in my room, I twirl back to face Aaron.

"What about the bed I requested?" I ask him and he lowers his head with a look of guilt.

"I will do that right away", he replies and walks past me.

I told them to get it done in the morning and he forgot to do that.

I ignore the need to scold him and continue to find my way to the living room before taking the staircase up.

We have a family dinner by 7 pm and Isabella and I need to be present. I am glad she has gone shopping, this way she will be able to find a nice dress to wear to the dinner.

I step forward and within minutes, I am in front of the door. I turn the doorknob and enter.

"Goodness!" Someone gasps and my gaze falls on Isabella's half-naked body. She quickly ties the towel properly around her before dashing into the bathroom.

I am lost for a few seconds before I realize what just happened. I blink once and close the door behind me.

I haven't gotten accustomed to the fact that I don't stay alone in my room. I now have a wife and I share the same bedroom with her.

I wonder how we are both going to deal with our privacy. This is really beyond my expectations and I really wish I won't share the same room with her.

I love and value my privacy too.

I stroll in with folded arms but before I can flop to the sofa, she comes out fully dressed in bum shorts and a crop top with her hair down.

Her legs are really long and slender and I can see her hips from the shorts. I swallow hard and look away.

"Welcome home, husband", she regards me with a smile while I begin to examine her once again.

I can perceive a different scent in the room but I don't know where it is coming from. 

Is it her shampoo? Is it her cologne? Is it a room freshener?

"Why weren't you picking up your calls?" I ask her instead of replying to her welcoming home statement.

Her eyes grow large before she runs over to the side drawer to grab her phone. She sees the several missed calls and her eyes almost pop out of her eye socket.