CHAPTER 64

Jayden's POV

This is the best solution. Not the ridiculous idea of meeting up with Juliet and confronting her about the newspaper headlines.

That won't do anything. The deed has been done and the only way to rectify this is to accept the invitation to the business dinner party which I rejected last week because Isabella would be going to Verona two days after.

I just need to make an appearance there to rule out the rumor about us being in a contractual marriage.

Isabella also likes the idea but she wanted to confront Juliet and we argued back and forth about that before she agreed not to go.

That will only cause a scene. What she has done is enough. 

It might actually ruin the idea of getting divorced after a year but I won't let that bother me. I don't let people's disreputable talks about me get to me, I see no reason why now should be the beginning of letting their talks get to me.

After a year, we are getting separated and that is final. I don't care if they get to relate it to the news that Juliet willingly gave out to the press. I wonder how she did that.

All I care about right now is how to make sure that we rule out the rumor and look real during the dinner party.

I am wearing a custom-tailored two-piece suit with black luxury leather oxford shoes while Isabella is wearing an elegant sleeveless off-shoulder bodycon long dress.

It is also black and she is wearing silver earrings and a necklace with her hair packed in a low bun.

With arms entwined, we venture further into the bustling hall filled with numerous businessmen and women from around the world.

I can feel Isabella's nervousness but I am not saying anything to assure her that the day will go well. She needs to get used to pushing back her nervousness and getting the day done with each time we go out.

We walk in until a familiar face stops us. 

"Jayden", he says in a low voice but I can't recognize him. This was the reason why I didn't want to come initially. I know there will be a lot of people here today and I was trying to avoid associating myself with long-distance friends and former business partners. Some of the men from the billionaire's club will be here but now that we are here, it can not be avoided.

He pulls me in a tight hug, making me leave hands with Isabella. His cologne attacks my nostril and I remember who he is almost immediately.

"Sebastian?" I call, more like a question to be sure that he is the one.

Sebastian is among the billionaire club members but he left even before I did. It's been a long time and I guess that's why I couldn't recognize him at first glance.

The cologne reminds me of who he is. The same cologne Helena wanted me to always use whenever I want to go out. Sebastian smelled the cologne on me and told me he uses it too.