Chapter 6. "We are good team"

Emily's eyes widened as she turned to see him trying to hold his laugh. She immediately put the phone on speaker. She played along, hearing the complete silence on the other end. "Of course, darling," she said. "Can't wait to see you, angel," he said, leaning back. She rolled her eyes, Sam didn't make it cringe, but that was why he was the Sam Watson.

"Love you, Sam," she said as Sam leaned back laughing she shut his mouth. Her fingers felt cold against his hot, wet lips. "Love you too, Emily," he said, motioning to her phone. "Um, hi William, sorry I got distracted by my boyfriend," she stressed on the word. She could feel his mind working on the other side. "You were saying?" she said in a casual tone. She had him.

"Nothing much, just a few books you left at my place, I will send them. Bye Emily," he hung up. Emily and Sam high-fived each other. "We are a good team," he said. "That was mean," she said. "That angel was our first step as an official couple," he said, starting his car. Emily rolled down her window. "You are taking the pact seriously," Emily said. "Maybe," he said. "Why aren't you?" He asked. "I am, but I am surprised you are."

"Ice cream?" he asked, taking her by surprise. "Sure... are you alright?" she asked. "Absolutely, why would you ask that?" he said, taking a turn. "No reason, just we never talked till today, and now we are getting ice cream," she said, "seems a bit bizarre." "Nothing about us is not bizarre. Let's roll with it," he said.

They stopped right in front of the ice cream parlor, Jenkins. "Angel?" he asked, giving her his hand. She slipped her hand into his. As soon as she walked in, she locked eyes with Isabel. Sam took her hand to his lips as she looked at him. They walked past her to the counter.

"You didn't offer to drive me because you felt bad for me, did you?" she asked. "Maybe not," he said. "You are horrible," she shook her head. "I will buy you ice cream," he said. "You can't bribe me with the food you know?" she said. "Worth a shot," he said with a smile. "You should do that more often," she said. "What? Smile?" he asked. "Yes, it lights up your face,"

"What will you two have?" asked a pretty waitress. Sam glanced at her, "A chocolate chip ice cream, please," Emily said. "A pistachio ice cream, please," Sam said. "Sure," she scooped the ice cream and gave them. "Thanks a lot, Stella," Sam said with a wink. Stella blushed.

"Did she just blush?" Emily asked out of her earshot. "What can I say, I am charming," he said. "Delusional too," she said. "There," he pointed to a table, pulling out a chair. "Never knew you were a gentleman," she said. "This is the bare minimum," he sat across her.

"Is she looking?" Sam asked. Emily was right in front of Isabel. "Yes," she tilted her head. "Don't make it obvious," Sam said. "You do it then," Emily said, looking at Sam. She noticed the scar at the bridge of his nose. She was there when he got it in the field.

Emily noticed at Isabel glancing at them, "Stay still," Emily said with a smile. "What are you?" Sam said as she leaned it. Their faces were inches away from each other. Sam noticed the precise blue of her eyes. After a moment, she leaned back. "From her side, it will look like we just kissed. You are welcome, " she said.

"You don't like her, do you?" he asked. "She is with my boyfriend, so no," she stated. "Is she looking?" he asked. "Yes, she is trying to get a better look," she said. "Sit next to me," he said. Emily got up, flashed a smile at her, and sat next to him. "That felt good," she said. Their shoulders touched, and Emily realized that was the closest they have ever been.

"You are petty," he said. "We both are, darling," she said, turning to him. "We are doing pet names now?" he asked. "Maybe," she said, pulling her bowl. "You do realize we can't see her anymore?" Emily asked. "Neither can she," he said, flashing a smile at the waitress.

"Why do people fall for you?" she asked. "I am handsome and know how to treat a girl," he said, taking a bite of his ice cream. She scoffed. "Angel, after two months, you won't be able to forget me," he said. "Maybe it will be the other way, darling?" she asked. "Highly doubt that," he said. "We will see," Emily said.

The bell on the door rang once again. "Your girlfriend left," she said. "I saw," Sam said, his eyes following Isabel. "Sam," she started. He turned to her, "Yes angel?". "When are we making our first appearance?" she asked. "I think you made that clear, my football match tomorrow," he said. "Edward is going to die. It will be glorious," she said. "Not that glorious for me, he punched Anthony when he tried to ask you out," he said. "He what?" she asked. "Nothing, your brother is protective of you. A lot," he said.

Emily shook her head as she saw him eating. "What?" he asked. "I never actually met someone who likes pistachio," she said. "You are missing out, try." he pushed the bowl towards her. She took a spoonful. "So?" he asked. "Not bad," she said. "It's good," he said. "Sure," she said. "It's better than that chocolate," he said. "Chocolate is the supreme flavor," she said. "There are better things, you know what in these months I will introduce you to good food. You will thank me, " he said. "Not likely," she said. "You will, and it's getting late. Let me take you home, " he said.