28

"Lu Han."

I shielded her away from him.

"That disobedient one, thought I can be suppressed by this weak mind. Such insolence."

"Ajax." I tried to call.

"Ajax is no more. I am Lu Han. And she is mine." Lycans appeared behind him. "She is only mine."

"Stop this Lu Han." It was... Dela? She appeared to have regained her true form.

"Dela." Elena run towards her.

"Hey Lil sis." She smiled at Elena before turning to Lu Han. "She is never yours."

"Shut up!" He yelled. "You ingrateful spirits, it was me who gave you power."

"No. You lied to us." Lumos said, appearing beside Dela. "It was our fault we believed you. It was not her to blame or him, it was us."

"No. No." He denied maniacally. Shaking his head. "We have a contract. You can never betray me." One by one chains appeared on their chests. "I own all of you."

He is out of his mind. I let my hand ablaze and shot at their chains. He was taken aback.

"You took everything from me. I will make sure you will die this time. Kill him."Lycans started to rush to me. Tens, hundreds of them. I felt my eyes lit up as I encase us on a circle of fire. They hesitated to cross at first but they did and so they burned.

I heard several screams. The others, goblins, fairies, elves, they are being attacked. I used my left hand to shot fire on the attackers. I can't fully use my power because I don't want to hurt her. She will burn if I did. I will protect her.

"Haru." She tugged my right arm.

"It's alright I will protect you."

"No."

"Just stay there, okay?"

"No!" Surprised, she made me look at her. "You don't need to protect me. You already saved me."

"But--"

"This time, I will protect you."

Her eyes glow and mist started to cover the land. Everything. Her hold loosens and I... she vanished.

"No." I looked around but I couldn't see anything. I promised. We have a promise.

"My Love." I heard him said

"Lucy!"

I caught a glimpse of her, walking towards him. "No!" I ran but it seems that it's getting farther and father. Like in a dream. She is encasing me in a dream.

I let my power flow, this time without limiting myself. My fire turns to red to blue to white. It encircles me, and the mist disappeared slowly. It disappeared until I saw her, hugging him. She looked at me, her eyes glowing.

Her lips moved.

'I'll dream of you.' Then she closed her eyes.

No. I ran. but she is being covered with a light, they are covered in this energy and I ran. I tried. and I was about to reach her. But she vanished. They vanished.

No.

I looked around. But she's nowhere.

"No. Lucy."

I fell on my knees. No. Why?

"I'm sorry." I don't know who said that. Maybe Dela. But my heart is broken. The sun is rising, it is already morning. She is gone.

No.

....The guardians are no more. They returned to being spirits but still, they continued being a guardian. Without the curse, of course.

I stood in front of the burning body of Valen. He had a piece of my soul, that is why I managed to remember when he died. All of her soulmates, except for Duke, has my soul. I did not remember but now I know. A love that surpasses lifetimes.

"Hey, Alpha? or guardian or should I say sun spirit." Kai appeared beside me. He attended the funeral, I told him what happened.

"Aiden is fine." I answered.

"Still humble, huh?"

He has gone old but he was a brother to me.

"So, it means that you have to return to wherever you came from or something?"

"I don't know."

"Right."

Silence. I don't know where to go next. There is nowhere to search for. She is gone and she asked me not to save her. Because I already did. But still...

"You remember that time, you asked me to research 'bout the southern coven?"

"Hmm?" Didn't I asked him that only in the dream? "Did I?"

"Did you seriously forgot? I thought I'm the one getting old."

"I---"

"You were acting all strange that time. Still I spied on them. I kind'a forgotten to give it to you because of all the Sicilia incident."

"You found something?" Did I really asked him to do that in real life?

"Of course, I'm that good you know."

He handed me a book, it's cover is made of a golden cloth with dark varnish.

"I just don't understand the writing, but maybe you do." He said.

It is indeed in a language I haven't seen before but for some reason I can understand it. Each word translates as I read through it.

'Property of The Writer.'

I flipped through the pages. And there's one thing that caught my attention.

'The Story of Dream.' Lucy is also known as the spirit of dream.

'Dream is wondrous, curious. Dream is fascinated to those who dreams. And so she with her curiousity, she became this gentle soul that glides through the wind, through the memories. Dream caught the heart of the moon and even the sun. And so she must know of love and of hatred. She will live and die. She will love and lose. And when the one she loves fights for her, she must go. Because she is Dream, an offspring of eternity. Love is not something we are entitled to hold. But she has become stubborn. And through time she will return or maybe time will return her. She is a friend of the Timekeeper, and Dream who learns to love will search for it, even through eternity. A love beyond time, a love beyond destiny.'

"So, you understand it?" He did not let me answer. "Those warlocks were strange, when I caught one, he kept on repeating that they are the Dream catchers. They must have gone crazy, spending those times in a hole. I could have brought you more articles but their whole library caught on fire. I barely managed to get that book."

This book? This doesn't seem like what a warlock will have. Or even any mortals. Maybe it belongs to a guardian. But I do not remember anyone that goes by 'The Writer'. Whoever it is, I think they know about what is going to happen, and for that, somehow I felt relieved. Somehow I know, that we will meet again.

'I'll dream of you.' Her words flashes in my memory. A smile unknowingly drew on my lips.