29 - Epilogue

Someone's POV

The sun is bright today. They say it is a sign of good day. Is it?

"Luna, are you okay?" Livi peeked at me.

"A.. yes."

*Ring*Ring* She took her phone out.

"Oh god, I asked him for a day off and look is still calling?" Her annoyance is something refreshing.

"Go," I said.

"But, I don't wanna leave you alone. We have a whole few years to catch up."

"We have more years to do that."She sighed. "Fine. I'll be back as soon as I can. If you need anything, call me, or call the nurse, call the doctor. Ugh. Call everyone, okay?"

I smiled. "Yes Mom." She is my big sister but she acts like my mother.

"Gosh, I'm not that old." Her phone keeps ringing. "Ugh. Gotta go, now. See you, Lu."

"See you." She rushed out of the room, that she forgot to close the door and her scarf, again.

I sighed, turning to the window, the scenery outside. I have been in coma for almost 3 years. There was a slim chance for me to wake up, but I did. I was locked inside my body for years, unable to do anything. Helpless. I was dying, I was accepting that. But something in me said no. There is something I should live for. Maybe it is Livi, but my heart knows it is more than that.Because I dreamt of somethings. It was a dream but it was vivid, like I was really there. Now I only remember bits and pieces.

A dark room.

Chains.

A void in my heart.

Someone who came to rescue me. And that I care for that person but they seem too distant. I want to know them more but they are even afraid to hold my hand.

Someone who cried in my arms and speak of a name I think I heard but I don't remember. I remember my heart beat for that person. That I was waiting for so long and at that time I finally found that missing piece. And they took care of me, they made me happy, somehow. That person fought for me, and although they doubted themselves, they still did not let go.

I remember a battle, that I was a sacrifice for something. And I was accepting that. I momentarily awoke in my coma, at least my consciousness did, but someone pulled me back to that dream and then, I remember being loved. That person accepted me for who I was, for who I am. And they fought for me. He fought for me.

And then I had to go. Because... I have to... I don't remember. But I know, there is a promise. There is my promise.

Livi said I almost died while in coma, but I know I have to go back. Someone is waiting. And I have to find them. I have to go back. So I woke up.

Footsteps.

"You forgot your scarf." I turned towards the door. But there was no Livi.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump. Thump.

"You..."

My mouth moves subsciously.

A heart recognizes what my mind does not.

There was a curse. There was a promise.

The man stared at me as I to him. He was unmoving but there was something. A longing. A missing. My heart beats suddenly feeling warm.

He opened his mouth, and my world stopped.

"I found you."