FIVE

Catherine awoke to find that Enola was already gone, which did not amuse the brunette.

"Bloody Enola leaving me here all alone," she grumbled as she got dressed into the gown that she had purchased the day before. She had just finished changing when Enola burst through the door.

"Ah good, you're awake! Come, we have somewhere to visit," Enola told her. Catherine pursed her lips and looked around to make sure she wasn't forgetting anything.

"Alright then, lead the way."

***

Catherine found herself standing in a room with a bunch of ladies dressed in martial arts uniforms, each pair of women practicing a different form of combat. Some were doing judo, some jujitsu, while others were just doing basic punching and kicking drills.

Catherine observed some of them work, before she realized that Enola and the woman she was speaking to, Edith, had begun to walk towards the nearby office. She quickly hurried after them, shutting the door behind her.

"You two are alone? In London?" Edith asked, and Catherine nodded.

"Yes," Enola answered. "There was a useless boy, but I rid myself of him."

"Enola, he was not useless. He made sure we didn't starve, and he was quite kind," Catherine chided. Edith and Enola glanced at her with knowing looks on their faces, but Catherine only stared back in confusion.

Catherine began to look around the place while Enola and Edith talked, only tuning back in when she heard a thump and saw the two wrestling about. She was about to go and help Enola when her cousin shot her a warning glance. Don't interfere.

It was no more than a minute later when Edith was leaving the room, Catherine rushing over to her cousin to make sure that she was alright.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Enola insisted as she brushed herself off, and fixed her dress. Her hair was a mess, but she appeared to not care too much about it. Instead, her eyes were fixed on a nearby box that was partly opened. Enola leant down and picked up whatever was inside, producing something that looked like a firecracker.

"Enola, what are you thinking?" Catherine asked when she noticed her cousin go into the little trance she went in when she was thinking.

"Limehouse Lane," Enola murmured after a moment.

"What?"

"Limehouse Lane," Enola repeated, a smile spreading on her face. "Come on."

Catherine rushed after Enola, bidding goodbye to Edith who waved at the two as they exited. Where on earth was her cousin taking her?

***

It was safe to say that Catherine didn't exactly feel the safest at the moment. Enola had led her into a fairly rundown part of London, several people eyeing them suspiciously as they passed by. They definitely did stick out like a sore thumb with their nice dresses.

The two walked in silence as their took in their surroundings, Catherine growing sadder when she saw a young girl walking hand in hand with her mother, complaining about being hungry. Enola made her way over to a door with a piece of dirty, purple ribbon attached to the handle.

"Interesting," Catherine mused. She and Enola shared a look, before Enola headed around the side. Enola pushed open a window, and then climbed in, Catherine right behind her.

The two slowly walked into the room, looking around. They both immediately saw all the science equipment that was on the wooden table in the middle of the room. Enola grabbed a bottle of a liquid, and splashed a drop onto a pallet with powder in it, immediately causing a small fire to erupt.