𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐒 𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐍 𝐍 𝐀 𝐇

"Down! 109." Hondo calls out from above us. "Down! 110."

"I could kill you for this." I breathe out shakily as I glare at Bradshaw.

"111!"

"We're a team." He lowers himself again. "You can't blame all of this on me."

"115!"

"So it's my fault then?" I groan as I push myself up again.

"No!" He groans out even louder.

"120!"

"What I'm saying is that we were both responsible. You weren't paying attention and I just wasn't fast enough." As much as I hate to admit it, Bradley was right.

We catch our breath and focus on the push-ups for a few minutes. Before going back into the conversation.

"Well I will admit that you are a good wingman." I admit. Though I didn't want to.

"We got the boys out that's all that matters to me right now." He sighs before realizing. "Did you just compliment me?"

"Ew! What?" I scoff.

"167!"

"You did." He wheezes. "That's never happened before. Wow. I'm so honored."

"Quit being extra. It's not that big a deal." I grunt.

"To you maybe!" He breathes out. "You do realize that I've been waiting like seven years for this right?"

"Whoo! Wow." I look up to see our fellow pilots whose names don't come to mind. Probably because of my lack of oxygen. They mock us and take a selfie. "Hold that tarmac down till we get back, brother, all right?"

"I hate men." I spit. Sweat rolls off my forehead and hits the pavement.

"Hey now don't put us all in a box. We're not all crappy." Bradley says.

"200!" Hondo cheers. "Now get off my pavement." He says before walking away. I wrap my arms around my knees. My whole body is on fire.

"Nice form, Kodiak." Bradley holds a hand out in front of my face. I grab it and grimace at the feeling of our sweat mixing together.

"Thanks, Rooster. I would say the same but I wasn't gawking." I shrug.

His eyes widen. "Woah, woah, woah! I wasn't doing that either. I was just pointing out that..." He gestures to my body. No words fall off his tongue. "You've taken care of yourself." That saved him I guess. "Cause you know most female aviators that go on maternity leave don't come back but you did and I just think that it's...dope."

I hold back a laugh. "What does that have to do with my body?"

"You've got a smokin' mom bod! There are you happy?" He lifts his hands and then drops them. "I mean seriously. If I didn't know you personally I'd never believe that you pushed two kids out of..." he glances down. "That thing."

"You're disgusting." I laugh.

He shrugs, holding up his hands in defense. "I'm trying to compliment you here and your not exactly helping."

"Well I guess I appreciate it." I wink before walking away.

"You guess?!"

***