𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

꧁☆★ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐼𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 ★☆꧂                                                                              

      17th September 2022

When Divya woke up the next morning, she was surprised to find Aisha's bed unoccupied. She calmed down when she noticed Aisha dozing on the study table. She shook her up. "I could not sleep, so I did some coding, and here, I made a rough sketch of Kriya's case too. I don't remember when I fell asleep with that on my mind."

"It's 5 a

"It's 5 a.m." Divya murmured as she glanced at the rough sketch. "Why don't we visit the location where Shristi said the body was discovered?" "Perhaps we can discover some hints."

After freshening up, they both took Divya's scooter. The sun wasn't up yet. As soon as they got there, they turned on the flashlights on their phones. They searched for an hour, but they came up empty-handed. The ditch and the road both seemed to have been abandoned for a very long time. Something seemed strange. Some cleaning was expected if the cops had shown up to have the body removed. However, the environment was a complete dumpster. Was it possible that the cops misled them regarding where they found the body?

"Aish," Divya said, "I believe there is a member of the kidnapping group in the police department."

Aisha let out a big breath; the same thing had crossed her mind as well.

Disappointed with how things turned out, both the girls returned to their place. They had hoped to get at least one piece of evidence about the incident, but they returned with a doubt.

In the afternoon, the girls went to Shristi's house. They briefly exchanged greetings. "Shristi, if you don't mind, can you tell us the names of the policemen who shared Kriya's information with you?"

Shristi replied with teary eyes, "I am sorry, Di. I was so worried for Kri that I could not remember their names."

"It's fine, we can understand you," said Divya. "And to which hospital was she taken?"

"Padma Hospital" The senior girls locked their gaze on her response.

Padma Hospital was a government hospital that few people used. Even though they had been in Udaipur for more than four years, they had never heard of any forensic investigations taking place there. In fact, from what they had heard, that place did some general medical tests. That's all.

"Do you have the medical report given by the hospital?" Shristi frowned at Aisha's question. As far as she remembered, they did not give her any files. "No, I don't. Maybe Kriya's family has. Let me call Aunty and ask." Shristi said, excusing herself to call while the others patiently waited for her.

When Shristi returned with a frown and a disapproving shake, they got worried. After a while, they simply nodded and walked in the direction of Padma Hospital.

They parked the scooter in a neighboring parking lot and entered the hospital.

Divya's POV

"Hello, welcome to Padma Hospital," said the receptionist as soon as she saw us.

"Um, hi, we wanted to get Kriya's report. Kriya Sharma. She was brought here in a drug case. We are her sisters. Our parents forgot to take the file, so we are here." I spoke.

She searched for something in a register note for a while. "I am sorry, ma'am, but there was no person named Kriya brought here." Her reply shocked us both, and I asked for the register to check, and just like she said, there was no one with the name.

I shook my head grimly, looking at Aisha, and we left for our place after thanking the receptionist.

Author's POV

" What in the world is going on in this city? " Aisha exclaimed as soon as the girls entered their 2BHK apartment.

"Do you recall, Aisha, that there wasn't even a single electrical appliance? Please remember that we are in the twenty-first century. Which medical facility doesn't employ even one computer? There was no phone; forget the computer!", Divya yelled in irritation.

"Hamara Shak Sahi Tha. For a while, I believed this to be a case of a guy getting his revenge, but a trip to the hospital confirmed our prior thoughts of a rich person being responsible for the entire incident. I'm going to look up every single politician, millionaire, and billionaire in this town." (Our doubt was correct) Saying that Aisha went to her workspace.

It was already 6 by the time they had reached their flat, so, shortly after Aisha left for her work, Divya went to kitchen to prepare dinner.

When Divya finished her work in the kitchen and came into the study, Aisha was still on her chair looking for information.

Sensing Divya behind her, Aisha spoke, "The Rathore family, Udaipur's royalty, comes in first. The king, Pratap Singh Rathore, is 78 years old. Among five palaces, four are converted in hotels. In addition, they have restaurants in each of the following cities: two in Manchester, two in London, three in Cambridge, two in Massachusetts, four in New York, and three in Los Angeles. Atharva Singh Rathore founded restaurants in the US after moving there to pursue his education, while his father, the late Surya Singh Rathore, opened establishments in England.

You are already aware of the clothing brand that the late Mrs. Laxmi Pratap Singh Rathore created and that is currently run by Abhiraj Singh Rathore.

Atharva is the CEO of the entire business, which goes by the name Rathore Group.

Isabella Bianchi attended the Milan Fashion Institute with Maharani Laxmi. The only news I discovered that the public is unaware of is this. With the information I retrieved about them, I discovered nothing unusual."

"I did not know they had restaurants in US, did you?", asked Divya.

"Neither did I"

"The Shekhawat family comes next. In addition to 5 medical institutions, there are 15 Life Heart Hospital branches throughout all of India. Their principal source of income is the hospital network. Dr. Keshav Shekhawat is the CEO. His son is presently pursuing an MS in neurosurgery, while his wife serves as the branch's Head of Gynecology in Udaipur.

A pregnant 20-year-old runaway trafficking lady was treated by Mrs. Shekhawat around six years ago. Exactly 3 weeks after receiving treatment, the woman passed away in the fifth month of her pregnancy after a severe loss of blood. The vast majority of the population believes this. Her report was available to me in electronic form. When she was brought there, she had no issues. The infant was also safe."

"So, you think, Dr. Shekhawat is the part of trafficking group, and she killed that girl. What's her name by the way?"

"Tanya Sen is the girl's name, and I certainly have my suspicions about Dr. Shekhawat. She is thus one of our suspects. Divi, we are the only ones we can trust right now." Divya nodded her head at Aisha's response. She could understand her thoughts. "Let's go have dinner. We can continue this tomorrow. I am exhausted due to today's event."

They ate dinner and went to bed early because they were exhausted by the events of the day.   

(How was the chapter, guys? Please don't forget to share your opinions.)