Part 6

I fell asleep after thinking for hours of what Callum could probably be planning and what he could do to me.

Lorenzo's pov

I was exhausted from all the work today, especially from the constant congrats and questions about the wedding.

People really need to learn to mind their own businesses.

I entered the house to be greeted by Anne.

Anne is probably the only person in the world I actually trust and like. Maybe not trust fully but she's the only person who can scold me and me casual with me.

She's like a mother to me. Better than that whore of a step mom I have.

I gave her a quick hug and was about to go upstairs when she stopped me to tell me something. She seemed quite worried.

"It's Phoenix"

"Did she do something to?" I asked. I know she's an angry girl and doesn't know how to control her mouth.

"No,no. I've told you a lot of times to not jump to conclusions. Listen to the full story first." She said scolding me.

"Tell me then"

"She was on the phone seeming very worried. It was about kicking someone out and I could tell she was or the verge of tears. She didn't even eat dinner she stayed in her room the whole day after. I could even hear light sobs coming from her room but I thought to give her some privacy."

"Kicking who out?" I said asking no one really.

"I'm not sure, but it was a guy. She said I quote "Tell him I'm not available and will never be for him. Don't let him into the building again" she was shaking a lot when she said this."

I wasn't sure who she could be talking about that made her cry and worry so much. I guess I'd have to find out.

I nodded to Anne and went upstairs. I knew she'd be sleeping so I made sure to stay quiet.

I changed and came out in only joggers.

I knew she was annoyed and nervous that I didn't wear a shirt yesterday but she should be glad I wasn't only wearing underwear. That's what I usually do.

I was about to lay down when I heard he whimper in her sleep. She was crying and saying something.

Her whimpers and crys became louder and I went near her.

"P-please don't hurt me" she cried out still in her sleep.

I started rubbing her and calling her name to make her get up. But she wouldn't. She was clearly having a nightmare.

"Your hurting me. Stop" she continued to cry moving more now. I started saying her name louder trying to wake her up.

"Callum NO" She shouted and sat up swiftly looking around her. She was clearly scared and didn't realise that she grabbed me into a hug.

Usually I would have pushed the person away but I was busy in my own thoughts.

Who was Callum? I feel like I've heard his name with hers somewhere.

I'll find out.

Once she'd calmed down she realised she was hugging me and let go quickly moving away.

"Are you ok?" I asked her getting the glass off water of the nightstand next to her and handing it to her. She simply nodded In reply.

"I guess you won't be able to sleep now." I said getting up and handing her my hand to get up too and she listened without questioned.

First time she's not asking her annoying questions. This nightmare must have been serious.

I grabbed a blanket that was on the sofa and opened the balcony door.

The cold breeze made her shiver and I put the blanket over her shoulders and she wrapped it around herself properly.

We stood there for a while admiring the view and taking in some fresh air when she spoke.

"You should sleep. You must be tired." She said looking at me.

The heartless Phoenix is worrying about my sleep...

Nice

"I'll sleep when you do." I replied.

"Let's sleep then" she said and entered the room and lay in the bed.

I followed making sure to shut the door and  lay down in bed.

I was facing her as she faced the ceiling thinking.

"Sleep, no thinking" I said. "I can't stop thinking" she said in a whisper barely for me to hear, but I did.

"Let me distract you then" I said and she turned to me with a confused expression.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and lightly dragged her into my chest, cuddling her.

She may act all tough and all but I know my touch affects. Especially when I kissed her at the wedding.

"Lorenzo, you don't need to" she said trying to get out of my grip.

I decided to change the subject. To distract her further.

"Did you speak to Anne?" I asked and she nodded. "She's really nice" she said with a smile.

"I heard your both really close. She even has a nickname for you" she says slightly making fun of me and I scoff. "Only she's allowed."

She laughs lightly.

After a while we both managed to fall asleep...

In each others arms